Last Updated on February 15, 2020
As of August 30-31, 2019; 24-hour public transport in Istanbul has begun with the latest arrangement by the Municipality of Istanbul. The newly launched services will be on selected six Metro lines and twenty-four Municipal Public Bus lines. And eight of the Public Bus lines will be integrated with Metro and Metrobus.
The 24-hour public transport in Istanbul will initially take place exclusively for the weekend, Friday and Saturday nights, (between 00:30 – 05:00), and passengers will be charged at double price. The 24-hour service will also be on Istanbul’s religious and public holidays, and for free of charge.
This has been a great opportunity for both locals and tourists that were spending the weekend nights out, while they have no chance but take a taxi to get back their home or hotel. And with this new service, Istanbul has also become one of eleven cities in the world, offering 24-hour Metro service that include New York, London, Berlin, Tokyo, Vienna, Minneapolis, Chicago, Philadelphia, Copenhagen and Sydney.
Istanbul’s 24-hour operating Metro lines
The below six very busy Metro lines included at the 24-hour service. See the Night Metro Lines Map.
- M1 A Line Yenikapi – Ataturk Airport Metro
- M1 B Line Yenikapi – Kirazli Metro
- M2 Line Yenikapi – Taksim – Haciosman Metro
- M4 Line Kadikoy – Tavsantepe Metro
- M5 Line Uskudar – Çekmeköy Metro
- M6 Line Levent – Bogazici University/Hisarustu Metro
Istanbul’s 24-hour operating Public Bus lines
There are twenty-eight Public Bus lines included at the 24-hour service. Eight of them will be integrated with the Metro and Metrobus.
8 Public Bus lines integrated with Metro and Metrobus
- 34G Beylikduzu – Sogutlucesme
- 11ÜS Sultanbeyli – Uskudar
- 130A Tuzla – Kadikoy
- 15F Beykoz – Kadikoy
- 25G Sariyer – Taksim
- 40 Rumelifeneri/Garipce – Taksim
- E10 Sabiha Gokcen Airport (SAW)/Kurtköy – Kadikoy
- E3 Sabiha Gokcen Airport (SAW) – 4.Levent Metro
20 other Public Bus lines
- 17 Pendik – Kadıköy
- 19S Yenidoğan/Sarıgazi – Kadikoy
- H-1 Mahmutbey Metro – New Istanbul Airport (IST)
- H-2 Mecidiyeköy – New Istanbul Airport (IST)
- H-6 Mescid-i Selam/Arnavutköy – New Istanbul Airport (IST)
- H-7 Alibeyköy Cep Otogarı – New Istanbul Airport (IST)
- İST-1 Yenikapı – New Istanbul Airport (IST)
- İST-2 Beylikdüzü/Çatalca – New Istanbul Airport (IST)
- İST-3 Otogar – New Istanbul Airport (IST)
- İST-4 Bakirkoy – New Istanbul Airport (IST)
- İST-5 Besiktas – New Istanbul Airport (IST)
- İST-7 Kadikoy – New Istanbul Airport (IST)
- İST-8 Pendik – New Istanbul Airport (IST)
- İST-15 Avcılar Metrobüs/Bahçeşehir – New Istanbul Airport (IST)
- İST-17 Halkali Istasyon/Başakşehir Metrokent – New Istanbul Airport (IST)
- İST-19 Taksim – New Istanbul Airport (IST)
- İST-20 Sultanahmet – New Istanbul Airport (IST)
- E-11 Sabiha Gokcen Airport (SAW) – Kadıköy
- SG-1 Kadıköy – Sabiha Gokcen Airport (SAW)
- SG-2 Taksim – Sabiha Gokcen Airport (SAW)
The 24-hour public transport will initially be at the weekend, Friday and Saturday nights, and also on religious and public holidays, between 00:30 – 05:00. Metro services will operate in every 20-minutes.
Passengers will be charged for double price, which is 3,50 TL x 2 = 7,00 TL for 1 ride. (Note: Free of charge on religious and public holidays).
Metro & Public Bus Lines Online
You can see the public bus routes and timetables as well as make a route/station search from the Istanbul Municipality Public Buses website. Also check the Istanbul Railway Network Map for Metro lines and stops. See all railway lines information on metro.istanbul
We'd be so glad by giving us a like below and join our Facebook page, where you can also ask any questions, share your Istanbul experiences, pictures, yell out complaints, and chat with thousands of Istanbul travelers.