- Sabiha Gokcen Airport Code is SAW, Phone : +90 216 588 88 88 , Web : http://www.sabihagokcen.aero/
- You can travel between Sabiha Gokcen Airport and central Istanbul directly by municipal public buses, HAVABUS Airport Shuttle, taxi and Private Shuttles, and by indirect by train and sea bus.
- The Airport Shuttle (costs about 14-18 TL) from Kadikoy and Taksim is the most practical way, the Private Shuttle (costs about 220 TL) is the most comfortable and convenient way to travel between the airport and central Istanbul, taking 1 hour from Kadikoy, 1,5 hours from Taksim.
- Public buses is the cheapest but the most uncomfortable and hard way, one route costs about 2,6 TL.
- Taxis cost about 130 TL from Sabiha Gokcen Airport to the Istanbul city center within 50 km.
- Pendik district High Speed/Suburbian Train Station, within the Gebze-Halkali (Eurpean side) line is about 14 km. to Sabiha Gokcen Airport, you can take public buses or taxis from the Pendik Train Station.
Airport Transportation Map
Travelling To and From
There are several good options to get to Sabiha Gokcen Airport from the city center and to the city center from the Sabiha Gokcen Airport, such as municipal public buses and shuttles specifically routed for Sabiha Gokcen Airport, taxis or private shuttles. There is no direct metro line for Sabiha Gokcen Airport. You may see details and insider recommendations below. The IETT (Municipal) public buses and HAVABUS shuttles operate in between many districts of Istanbul and the Sabiha Gokcen Airport.
by Public Bus
The municipal public buses runs about every 20 or 30 minutes from and to below several districts of Istanbul. For more information and timetables, visit the Istanbul Municipality Public Buses website. Standard bus fares apply (2,60 TL Istanbul card / contactless) and are accepted.
- E3 line 4.Levent – Sabiha Gokcen Airport
- E9 line Bostanci – Sabiha Gokcen Airport
- E10 line Kadikoy – Kurtkoy – Sabiha Gokcen Airport
- E11 line Kadikoy – Sabiha Gokcen Airport
- 16S line Sabiha Gokcen Airport – Metrobus Uzuncayir
- 132H line Pendik High Speed Train Station – Sabiha Gokcen Airport
- 130H line Tuzla Naval Academy – Sabiha Gokcen Airport
- 122H line 4.Levent – Yenisehir – Sabiha Gokcen Airport
by HAVABUS Airport Shuttle
The HAVABUS Airport Shuttles runs frequent shuttle services to Sabiha Gokcen Airport between Kadikoy, Yenisahra (metro station near Kadikoy) and Taksim. The journey takes about 1 hour from Kadikoy and 1,5 hours from Taksim, depending on the route. The shuttles are white colored and parked in front of the terminal building arrivals level.
HAVABUS Shuttle fee for Taksim is 18 TL and departure point from Taksim is in front of the Point Hotel, across the Taksim Divan hotel. HAVABUS Shuttle fee for Kadıköy is 14 TL and departure point from Kadikoy is the Kadikoy pier Public Bus Stops. HAVABUS Shuttle fee for Yenisahra is 10 TL and departure point from Yenisahra is the Yenisahra Metro Station. For more information and timetables, visit the HAVABUS website.
by Pendik Metro, Sea Bus or Train
The Pendik Metro Station (from Kadikoy), Pendik Sea Bus Port (from Yalova) and Pendik Train Station (High Speed Train and Gebze-Halkali Suburban Train) is located about 14 km. from Sabiha Gokcen Airport. For getting to Sabiha Gokcen Airport from Pendik, you can take the Public Bus 132H line. The metro line is planned to be extended to Sabiha Gokcen Airport. Check the Istanbul Railway Network Map for the stops.
There are usually taxis queuing for customers at Sabiha Gokcen Airport. Ask the taxi driver how much your journey will cost beforehand. A metered trip with a taxi to/from central Istanbul generally costs about 130 TL for a distance of 50 km. and takes approximately one or 1,5 hours depending the traffic. As of 2019, taxi fares in Istanbul is; taximeter opening fee is 4 TL and 2,5 TL per kilometer. There is no day and night difference. You can calculate the approximate taxi fare for your journey with this formula. Sabiha Gokcen Airport also have an airport taxi.
by Private Shuttles
If you are a group or a family with kids or having lots of luggages with you, than we highly recommend you to take private shutle transfers for your hotel as they offer a fixed rate, comfortable and safe transfer that include meet-and-greet airport pickups and luggage assistance to your hotel from Sabiha Gokcen Airport or from your hotel to the Sabiha Gokcen Airport. The Municipal Public Buses or HAVABUS airport shuttles will bring you to at the city center and you’ll need to take a taxi from there again which will harder for you with your kids and luggage. But private transfers drives you just to the entrance of your hotel.
As for private shuttle transfers from or to the Sabiha Gokcen Airport, we highly recommend Kiwi Taxi as we recently booked with them had a gerat trip to our hotel. Their large selection of comfortable taxis, minivans, luxurious cars and 6-19+ passenger minibuses can match any need while ensuring quick and safe travels to and from the Sabiha Gokcen Airport. You may check their fares below.
- Kiwi Taxi Sabiha Gokcen Airport – Sultanahmet from 222 TL
- Kiwi Taxi Sabiha Gokcen Airport – Beyoglu from 222 TL
- Kiwi Taxi Sabiha Gokcen Airport – Taksim from 222 TL
- Kiwi Taxi Sabiha Gokcen Airport – Besiktas from 222 TL
- Kiwi Taxi Sabiha Gokcen Airport – Bakirkoy from 339 TL
- Kiwi Taxi Sabiha Gokcen Airport – Kadikoy from 203 TL
- Check transfer routes for Kiwi Taxi Sabiha Gokcen Airport – to all districts
Sabiha Gokcen Airport (SAW) is situated located east of central Istanbul, in the Pendik district, on the Asian side. Average distance from the Sabiha Gokcen Airpor to major Istanbul city center districts is about 45 km. Some distances to the districts; Avcilar 67 km., Ataturk Airport 56 km., Bakirkoy 51 km., Besiktas 44 km., Eminonu 45 km., Galata 46 km., New Istanbul Airport 85 km., Kadikoy 30 km., Kartal 11 km., Kavacik 35 km., Levent 45 km., Maltepe 22 km., Maslak 48 km., Pendik 9 km., Sisli 45 km., Sultanahmet 45 km., Ortakoy 45 km., Taksim 44 km., Tuzla 8 km. and Uskudar 36 km. To see Sabiha Gokcen Airport’s exact location, see the Istanbul airports map.