Last Updated on
The Bagdat Street is one of the most luxurious ones in Istanbul. A popular place for both locals and tourists stroll along, have a rest in its wide range of luxury cafes, restaurants, bars and pubs, make shopping from many popular brands’ and boutique shops and have great day out activity in a wonderful Istanbul day.
It is situated on the Asian side of Istanbul. The 9 km. long Bagdat Street begins from the Bostanci neighborhood and extends to the Goztepe neighborhood of the Kadikoy district. Its name came from Ottoman Sultan Murad IV’s taking his route while leaving for the Baghdad Battle. It has become one of the most elite streets of Istanbul during the period of the Ottoman Sultan Abdulhamit II.
According to a study conducted by a French company, the Bagdat Street has been ranked as the 4th best shopping street in the world.
The region around the street is also a rich settlement area for the Istanbul locals. There are also some very beautiful mansions around.
You can find numerous luxury cafes, new generation coffee houses, restaurants and shops along the streets. The numerous bars, pubs and clubs also great night out activities for the visitors to enjoy a lively night in Istanbul.
How to Get There
The most practical way to get to Bagdat Street is via Marmaray train.
- The closest train stop is Suadiye.
- From Taksim, take the Yenikapi-Taksim-Haciosman M2 Metro line and hop off at Yenikapi stop, and take the Marmaray train.
- Take the Bagcilar-Kabatas tram (T1 line), hop off at Sirkeci stop and take the Marmaray train.
- From Yenikapi, take the Marmaray train.
- From Mecidiyekoy, take the Metrobus Line 34 AS, hop off at Sogutlucesme stop, and take the Marmaray train.
- From Kadikoy, take the Kadikoy-Tavsantepe M4 Metro line and hop off at Ayrilikcesmesi stop, and take the Marmaray train.
We'd be so glad by giving us a like below and join our Facebook page, where you can also ask any questions, share your Istanbul experiences, pictures, yell out complaints, and chat with thousands of Istanbul travelers.