Last Updated on April 15, 2021
Laser eye surgery (LASIK) is one of the most followed eye treatments throughout the world. Laser is a common method for refractive surgeries, and it is also used for myopia, hyperopia and astigmatism treatments. The loss of your sight can put you through very uncomfortable situation and you should act fast to save time. If you feel like you need an eye care in good hands, than book yourself into one of these top best laser eye surgery (LASIK) clinics in Istanbul Turkey and enjoy your new life with a very economic and sightful way.
Advantages of Laser Eye Surgery in Istanbul Turkey
Istanbul in Turkey is one of the top choices in the world for laser eye surgeries and all kind of eye treatments such as eye surgeries (LASIK, LASEK, lens implantation) for treating the sight deficiencies, myopia, hyperopia and astigmatism.
And if you are not suitable for laser surgery, customized intraocular lens replacement surgeries are also done. Istanbul has also become an indispensable eye center for Lasik surgeries.
The very reasonable prices, quality of service in its world-class clinics with the latest technology, quality, great ophthalmologists and affordable healthcare make Istanbul a superb choice for medical tourists searching for the best laser eye surgery trip plan.
Majority of the medical tourists visit Istanbul and Turkey for laser eye surgery and other eye treatments from the Middle East, Gulf and European countries for hair transplant operations, as medical tourism in Istanbul is growing very fast across global markets in the recent years.
Turkey is also in the list of top 4 countries in the world for the laser eye surgery procedures.
Laser Eye Surgery Prices in Istanbul
The cost of a laser eye surgery in Istanbul is around $1,500 per eye, while you can take this operation with the same quality of service around $3,000 per eye in the US, UK or most of the European countries.
In addition; many of the medical care packages are designed for foreigners, and they usually cover all logistics, accommodation and other travel costs.
How About Laser Eye Surgery In Istanbul?
If you’ve been thinking about a laser eye surgery or any other eye treatments (myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism, etc) in your home town, you’ve probably shocked with the costs in the EU, UK or US.
However, when you compare the costs and quality of service in the clinics and hospitals in Istanbul, you’ll definitely agree that it will be by far the most economical and practical way.
What the Clinics/Hospitals Offer?
Majority of the laser eye surgery clinics and hospitals in Istanbul and Turkey offer a very well planned trip with guide and consultant, including;
- Your detailed treatment/surgery plan in Istanbul with all the logistics,
- A comprehensive discussion with costs to your desired outcome,
- Your accommodation plan that best suits your needs,
- Pick-up from the airport to your hotel and the clinic, and vice-versa,
- Your lifetime follow-up and aftercare service
Questions You Should Ask Before You See A Doctor
Before you decide your treatment or medication, we recommend you make sure you know the answers of some prior questions. Here is a quick guide on what to know and ask to your doctor or healthcare professional?
1. Does your hospital/clinic has accreditation from the Turkish Ministry of Health?
2. What will be the tests/diagnosis/checks for?
3. Can I get a copy of my diagnostic test results?
4. What are the risks and benefits of the treatment or medication that I’m gonna take?
5. Are there any relative risks?
6. How many for every 100 people had a successful treatment on average and how many experienced complications?
7. Any alternatives to this treatment or medication?
8. What can happen if I don’t take it?
9. When should I expect to hear from you or your hospital/clinic? And what should I do if I don’t hear anything?
10. Whom should I contact or what should I do if things get worse?
Istanbul Laser Eye Surgery FAQs
What is LASIK?
LASIK is a laser-assisted in situ keratomileusis (LASIK) is a popular alternative to glasses or contact lenses.
How much does it cost a laser eye surgery in Istanbul?
The average cost of a laser eye surgery in Istanbul is around $1,500 per eye.
Does laser eye surgery hurt?
It is not a painful procedure, performed within a few minutes and you'll not need an overnight stay.
What are the advantages of LASIK?
* Desired vision is achieved in approximately 96% of the patients after LASIK.
* With the anesthetic drops used, you only feel the touch, no pain.
* Vision improves almost immediately or the day after LASIK. The correction continues in the following weeks and months.
* Post-LASIK bandage is not required.
* If vision changes due to the old age, LASIK can be done again to improve vision years after LASIK.
* After LASIK is applied, there is a dramatic decrease in the use of glasses or contact lenses in patients and many patients no longer need them.
What are the disadvantages of LASIK?
* Despite the pros, LASIK is a delicate eye surgery compared to the other methods.
* LASIK is technically a complex surgery. The eye surgeon who will perform the LASIK surgery must be highly experienced.
* Occasionally, lenses or glasses may be required for a very good vision for those who has high in eye numbers.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK has the highest safety rate among medical operations. The safety and effectiveness of LASIK has been proven through scientific evidence collected by hundreds of academic medical researchers.
Who are eligible for Laser Eye Surgery?
If the number of your eyes has not changed for at least a year, and if your eyes and general health are good, you are eligible for LASIK surgery.
Who are NOT eligible for Laser Eye Surgery?
If you are pregnant, your diabetes is not under control, and you have systematic diseases such as HIV, lupus or rheumatoid arthritis, you are not eligible for LASIK surgery.
How long does Laser Eye Surgery take?
The total preparation and working time is approximately 10-20 minutes, and the LASIK operation itself takes only seconds. Local anesthetic eye drops are used to numb the eyes before surgery.
When I can go back to work after LASIK?
You can return to work the next day after LASIK surgery. A little discomfort may last only 1-2 days after LASIK surgery.
The best Eye Clinics LASIK in Istanbul
If you are into the best clinics in the city for your eye treatment needs, than here is our pick of the top best laser eye surgery clinics and hospitals in Istanbul.
We are Istanbul insiders and here we only suggest the proven and top rated ones with the patients’ comments.
Get a Free Quote / Book Your Laser Eye – LASIK Treatment
If you want to get a quote with free consultation, than please fill out the form below. Feel free to write or ask anything, even any ridiculous requests.
Upon submitting the form, the medical and administrative teams will contact you within an hour and provide you all the details for your treatment with price info. Please mention your brief story of your skin and your need.
Note that when you book your dermatology treatment via the form below, you’ll also get 5% discount for being our website visitor.
LASIK Information Request Form
Disclaimer: The content on our page is only for informational purposes. Please consult your doctor for any diagnosis and treatments. We do not have any partnerships with the clinics, hospitals and doctors. We do not make operations, treatments, etc. We are not responsible for any unexpected situations you may have as all are health issues.
Plus, the information provided on our medical pages is not a guide to action and should not be construed as medical advice or treatment recommendation and doesn’t substitute the visit to a doctor.