Last Updated on January 15, 2021
Full medical check-ups have become a popular and most common type of medical procedures throughout the world since a few years. These life saving check-ups are very important because you are able to have a better understanding of your current health’s status and take the preventative measures on time. Especially if you are over 40, you can book yourself into one of these best health and medical check-up clinics and hospitals in Istanbul and see your stamina status in a very economic and comfortable way.
What is Medical Check-Up & What to Expect?
Medical check-ups include doctor consultation in accordance with the several tests and examinations to determine and show the current status of your health. Can be considered as a full health screening.
In most of the full medical check-ups, you’ll get head-to-toe examinations with a full range of testing options, as well as specific investigations for diabetes, blood pressure, hormone levels, etc.
They are performed by your blood count, organ functions, sedimentation, cholesterol and lipid levels, thyroid and hepatitis tests, full urine analysis, all abdominal ultrasonography, chest X-ray, electrocardiography.
Your full check-up will include the results and the doctor’s opinion of your current symptoms, family health issues, as well as additional necessary tests.
With a well planned medical check-up, you can have an idea of your cardiovascular risks, degenerative diseases such as diabetes, anemia, liver, urinary tract, thyroid, your immune system functioning, cholesterol level, identification of tumors, family risk burden, any type of cancer, etc.
Advantages of Medical Check-Ups in Istanbul
Istanbul is one of the top choices in the world for medical and health tourism. The very reasonable prices, quality of service in its world-class clinics and hospitals with the latest technology, quality, and affordable healthcare make Istanbul a superb choice for medical tourists.
Majority of the medical tourists visit Istanbul and Turkey from the Middle East, Gulf and European countries for full medical check-ups and health screening, as medical tourism in Istanbul is growing very fast across global markets in the recent years.
Full Medical Check-Up Prices in Istanbul
The cost of a full medical check-up in Istanbul is between $150 – $750, while you can take it with the same quality of service around $2000 in the US, UK or most of the European countries. There are standart, full and VIP check-up options.
In addition; many of the medical care packages are designed for foreigners, and they usually cover all logistics, accommodation and other travel costs.
How About a Full Medical Check-Up In Istanbul?
If you’ve been thinking about a full medical check-up in your home town, you’ve probably shocked with the costs in the EU, UK or US.
However, when you compare the costs and quality of service in the clinics and hospitals in Istanbul, you’ll definitely agree that it will be by far the most economical and practical way.
What the Clinics Offer?
Majority of the medical check-up clinics and hospitals offer a very well planned trip with guide and consultant, including;
- Your detailed plan in Istanbul with all the logistics,
- A comprehensive discussion with costs to your desired outcome,
- Your accommodation plan that best suits your needs,
- Pick-up from the airport to your hotel and the clinic, and vice-versa,
Istanbul Medical Check-Ups FAQs
How much does a full health check cost in Istanbul?
Full medical check-up in Istanbul costs between $150 - $750. The price varies with the package you take, such as standart, full, exclusive and VIP check-up options.
What things are checked in medical check-up?
You will get a full analysis of your health with full range of testing options, as well as specific investigations for diabetes, blood pressure, hormone levels, etc. These tests are performed by your blood count, organ functions, sedimentation, cholesterol and lipid levels, thyroid and hepatitis tests, full urine analysis, all abdominal ultrasonography, chest X-ray, electrocardiography.
What are determined at the medical check-ups?
Medical check-ups will definitely determine your cardiovascular risks, degenerative diseases such as diabetes, anemia, liver, urinary tract, thyroid, your immune system functioning, cholesterol level, identification of tumors, family risk burden, any type of cancer, etc.
Best Medical Check-Ups in Istanbul
We are Istanbul insiders that were born and lived in the city for more than 40 years, and here we only suggest the proven and top rated ones with the patients’ comments.
If you are planning a trip to Istanbul, already in the city or living as expat, and want to have a very well organized full medical check-up or health screening needs, plus PCR Coronavirus test, we would recommend the below Medical Check-Up Centers.
NP Istanbul Brain Hospital & Medical Center
NP Istanbul (Saray Mah. Ahmet Tevfik İleri Cad. No:18, Umraniye, Istanbul – npistanbul.com) is the first private neuropsychiatric hospital in Turkey and the second one in Europe. It is the first and only hospital in Turkey that clinically adopts the pharmacogenetic approach in diagnosis and treatment processes as well as implementation.
It has more than 20 years of experience, equipped with ultra-modern medical technology and has ISO 9001:2008 Quality Certification and JCI (Joint Commission International) Accreditation, the World’s largest and most prestigious health accreditor.
This JCI accreditation is a special document that has been presented to only three hospitals so far, including this hospital that operate outside of United States.
NP Istanbul also offers the best prices in Istanbul when compared the other high quality hospitals, while they all have the similar high-tech standards and quality of service.
- Standard Check-Up
- MS Check-Up Package
- Stroke Check-Up Package
- Cardiology Check-Up Package
- Brain Check-Up Package
- Internal Medicine Check-Up Package (over 40 years male and female)
- Internal Medicine Check-Up Package (under 40 years male and female)
- PCR Coronavirus Test
What should I pay attention to when coming to Check-Up?
- When making a check-up appointment, inform the experts about the medications you regularly use.
- Do not make breakfast or snack, even drink water.
- You should be hungry for 12 hours before coming to the check up.
- You should not use any vitamin, iron or mineral supplements, please specify if you did use.
- Do not consume alcohol at least 3 days before the check-up.
- Do not make hard exercise on the day you will come for check-up.
- If you are pregnant or have any doubts about this issue, be sure to inform your doctor before starting the procedure.
- Please bring the results of previous tests and examinations with you.
- Menstruation period for women is not suitable for check-up.
- Bring comfortable shoes and clothing for the tests that require physical activity.
- Postpone your check-up appointment if you have a sore with your throat, have a fever, or you use antibiotics.
How it Works?
- You are welcomed you the check-up center of the hospital.
- Your check-up application contents and doctor controls are prepared by the special check-up assistant with the determination of the relevant examinations and tests.
- Your check up specialist informs you about your check-up process.
- Your private check-up assistant guides you through all the process.
- For your examinations and tests in the check-up, you will first give blood.
- During your check-up, your doctors take care of you and prepare the all the test reports.
Info Request & Booking
If you want to get a quote with free consultation from NP Istanbul, than please fill out the form below. Feel free to write or ask anything, even any ridiculous requests.
Upon submitting the form, a specialist from the International Patient Services Department will contact you within an hour and provide you all the details with price info.
Note that when you book your medical check-up or PCR test via the form below, you’ll also get 5% discount for being our website visitor.
Medical Check-Up / PCR Test Request Form
Disclaimer: The content on our page is only for informational purposes. Please consult your doctor for any diagnosis and treatments. We do not have any partnerships with the clinics, hospitals and doctors. We do not make operations, treatments, etc. We are not responsible for any unexpected situations you may have as all are health issues.
Plus, the information provided on our medical pages is not a guide to action and should not be construed as medical advice or treatment recommendation and doesn’t substitute the visit to a doctor.
We'd be so glad by giving us a like below and join our Facebook and Instagram, where you can also ask any questions, share your Istanbul experiences, pictures, yell out complaints, and chat with thousands of Istanbul travelers.