We all know that both males and females can have permanent hair treatment if they are facing hair loss. But, how about the patients with HIV? Do they have a chance to regain their gorgeous looks, too? The answer is YES! Here you can find general information and guidelines on getting hair transplant in Turkey for HIV patients, including what to expect, what are the methods, things to consider in HIV-positive Hair Transplantation.
Notice: Please bear in mind that the content on our page is for informational purposes only, it is not suitable for you to consider in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases, and you should definitely consult your doctor for any diagnosis and treatment.
What to Expect?
Here it is crucial to bear in mind that not all patients with HIV have strong immune systems. Furthermore, in hair transplantation having a stable strong immune system is important. In any case, there will be blood tests before the operation, depending on the results of the tests, then it will be decided whether the operation will take place or not.
Hair Treatment Methods for HIV-positive Patients
Once it is decided, then HIV-positive patients will be in the hands of the experienced doctors for careful planning and treatment in a designated area/clinic that is spared for only HIV-patients. Before everything, the doctor will investigate the reasons for the hair loss; therefore several tests will be carried out.
It is really important and has to be paid utmost attention that the delicate operation has to be performed under a highly sterile environment and controlled conditions so that the HIV wouldn’t be transmitted to anyone during the entire procedure.
Before and after the operation it has to be made sure that the tools and clinic are in the utmost sterile conditions. The whole staff must be in protective masks and gloves at all times. This kind of protection is in fact valid and should be the same for each and every patient, whether they have the virus or they don’t.
The methods in treating the hair loss in HIV patients aren’t so different. However, it has to be emphasized that each and every step in treating the HIV patients needs to be taken carefully during the entire procedure, from start to finish. The permanent hair transplant methods applied to HIV-positive patients don’t differ from other types of the methods carried out on other patients
There are mainly Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) and one of the newest ones named Direct Hair Transplantation (DHI) techniques. Both are very popular and painless and are based on collecting hair follicles from healthy and strong donor sites, and then they are transferred to the target area where there is hair loss.
In the FUE method, hair grafts are collected from a donor area and transferred to the target area under local anesthesia. The donor area is generally chosen at the back of the head or the sides of the ears. However, if those donor sites and areas don’t have enough hair follicles, then your specialist doctor will decide to collect follicles from other parts of the body.
Direct Hair Transplantation (DHI) technique, on the hair hand, uses a special tool, pen, to collect the hair follicles, however, in DHI no channel or incision is required to be opened on the scalp, unlike FUE.
Important Points to Consider in HIV-positive Hair Transplantation?
HIV-positive patients have to be extremely conscious of how to protect themselves and others, they need to be careful in every step they take in their lives; when they go to a dentist, or when they go under a hair transplant operation.
Since the patient’s immune system is weak, a suitable preparation period may be needed for any surgical operation. The patient’s immune system should be checked. In case of risk, the operation should be postponed.
HIV is transmitted through blood. Surgical operations such as hair transplantation should be performed under extreme high hygiene conditions by taking optimum precautions. Before/During/After the operation, the HIV-positive patient should be maximally protected against possible inflammatory conditions.
If you are an HIV-positive patient, please read these instructions:
- Pay close attention to your hygiene before and after the operation.
- Avoid things that will lower your immune system before the operation.
- If you feel any discomfort before the operation, be sure to share it with your doctor.
- Before the operation, you can isolate yourself against the possibility of catching any other viral diseases.
- It can be a precaution instead of isolating yourself during the wound healing period after the operation.
- Avoid anything that harms the immune system, such as alcohol and cigarettes.
- Take care to maintain your sleep pattern.
- Before and after the operation, request information about the hygiene of the operating room materials.
HIV Hair Transplant in Istanbul Turkey
Turkey is one of the leading counties in hair transplant operations, as well as HIV Hair Transplant. You can find many great clinics and surgeons performing hair transplant for HIV positive patients.
Of course the hair transplant procedures and operations are made in separate clinics and environment that are dedicated for HIV positive patients, with additional medical dressings, tools, and with all the necessary precautions.
The patient with HIV positive is kept in a designated area which is kept in extreme sterile conditions for the health of everyone that is going to be around him/her.
Get a Free Quote / Book Hair Transplant for HIV positive patients
If you are a HIV positive and wanna get a hair transplant in Istanbul and Turkey, and want to get a quote with free consultation from the clinics, doctors and surgeons, than please fill out the form below. Feel free to write or ask anything, even any ridiculous requests.
Upon submitting the form, the medical and administrative teams of the official clinics and surgeons will contact you and provide you all the details for your treatment with price info.
Note that when you book your hair transplant via the form below, you’ll also get 5% discount for being our website visitor.
Know before you plan your hair transplant
- A hair transplant does not promise a dense hair.
- If you have any disease that will constitute a contraindication to an operation to be performed under local anesthesia, you should first get treated with your disease and then start your hair loss treatment.
- If you have unrealistic expectations and your donor area is insufficient, you are not a good candidate and you should not take this treatment.
- If you have active skin disease, it should be treated before.
- Your B12, B6, and zinc levels should be normal.
- If you have any thyroid issues, it should be treated before.
- Your blood sugar levels should be at the normal levels especially for those who have diabetic,
- If you have psychological disorders such as trichotillomania, obsessive-compulsive disorder, depression, and body dysmorphic syndrome, you should be aware and all those should be investigated.
HIV Positive Hair Transplant Information Request Form
Error: Contact form not found.
Disclaimer: The content on our page is only for informational purposes. Please consult your doctor for any diagnosis and treatments. We do not have any partnerships with the clinics, hospitals and doctors. We do not make operations, treatments, etc. We are not responsible for any unexpected situations you may have as all are health issues.
Plus, the information provided on our medical pages is not a guide to action and should not be construed as medical advice or treatment recommendation and doesn’t substitute the visit to a doctor.