Last Updated on
“How to get from New Istanbul Airport (IST) to Bakirkoy, and vice versa?” is one of the most common questions for those both living in Istanbul and visiting Istanbul. Here, we put together all the transportation alternatives with our insider tips, to help you plan your New Istanbul Airport (IST) to Bakirkoy trip with ease.
Some Practical Information
* New Istanbul Airport (IST) is situated on the north eastern part of Istanbul, on the Arnavutkoy district, close to the Black Sea coast.
* Distance from the IST to Bakirkoy is about 44 km.
* It takes about 80 mins to get to Bakirkoy from IST, and vice versa.
* You can travel between New Istanbul Airport (IST) and Bakirkoy directly by;
- HAVAIST Airport Shuttle,
- Private Shuttle.
* The HAVAIST Airport Shuttle (IST-4) is the most practical way, the Private Shuttle is the most comfortable and convenient way to travel between New Istanbul Airport (IST) and Bakirkoy, and also for Atakoy, Yesilkoy and Ataturk Airport region.
* There is NO direct Municipal Public Bus operating between IST and Bakirkoy.
Insider Advice for Departures
* For getting to New Istanbul Airport (IST) from Bakirkoy; we recommend you to arrange your time as to be at the airport at least 1,5 hours for domestic flights and 2,5 hours for international flights.
* You’ll possibly wait in the queue on the main entrance, airline’s counter, check-in process, passenger lounge entrance, flight ticket and passport control.
* Since the airport is very huge one, you’ll need to walk from one point to another inside the airport, about at least 15 minutes.
* For International flights; if the check-in process is not completed at the latest 60 minutes before the scheduled departure time, than the passenger loses all rights on the ticket and the flight.
* Therefore, we highly recommend you to go to the airport early.
* Regarding the minimum transfer time from Bakirkoy to New Istanbul Airport, of average 80 minutes plus 30 minutes possible traffic, etc, you should take your transfer to New Istanbul Airport from city center, at least 3 to 4 hours before your flight.
IST to Bakirkoy Transport Options
HAVAIST Airport Shuttle/Bus
* HAVAIST Airport Shuttle Number, operating in between New Istanbul Airport and Bakirkoy is IST-4.
* You can also take HAVAIST IST-4 Bus for getting to Atakoy, Yesilkoy and Ataturk Airport region.
* Runs both ways in every 15-20-30 mins between 05:00 am. and 04:15 am. (see timetable below chart)
* Operates for 24 hrs.
* Average duration is 80 mins.
* HAVAIST Buses take maximum 46 passengers at once.
Where is the HAVAIST IST-4 Stop in Bakirkoy?
* HAVAIST IST-4 stops: New Istanbul Airport -> Kuleli -> Sirinevler -> Atakoy 4. Kisim -> Bakirkoy IDO Seabus Port, and vice versa.
* It will drop you off at the Bakirkoy IDO Seabus Port. (see location map)
HAVAIST Bakirkoy-IST (and vice varsa) Timetables
See from https://hava.ist/en/new-timetables
Notice: Please double check the HAVAIST routes, timetables and trip fares from HAVAIST’s official website hava.ist
HAVAIST Ticket Price
* HAVAIST average one way ticket price between Bakirkoy-New Istanbul Airport is 18 TL.
* You can’t buy tickets in advance. You need to pay it just after you enter the bus.
How to Pay?
* You’ll need ISTANBULKART (Istanbul’s Public Transport Card) or QR Code (by Credit Card) to pay. No cash accepted.
* You can obtain ISTANBULKART and load credit from the Kiosks at the New Istanbul Airport upon your arrival.
* If you already have ISTANBULKART with you, you can download and install ISTANBULKART Mobile Application to your mobile phone, and load credit by your credit card. Read more about how to obtain and load credit to it on our ISTANBULKART page.
Get QR Code via Credit Card
* If you want to pay by Credit Card, than you’ll need to download and install HAVAIST Mobile Application to your mobile phone, or from HAVAIST website (https://hava.ist/en), deposit credit via your credit card.
* And than you enter the bus by scanning the QR code that you’ll receive to your mobile phone, to the device on the bus.
Get QR Code via Istanbul Welcome Card Service
* This is the best option if you don’t have IstanbulKart with you, and also easier way to get the QR Code by downloading and installing HAVAIST Mobile APP and entering your details, pay via credit card, etc.
* With Istanbul Welcome Card’s HAVAIST QR Code service, you’ll immediately get the QR Code to your mobile phone, to enter the HAVAIST. Just scan it to the device and get on the bus.
* The service also has BONUS that you can benefit. Free E-Booklet about Istanbul plus, 10% discount at Museum Services
- QR Code for HAVAIST Airport Shuttles
- Valid for all HAVAIST lines
- 10% Discount at Istanbul Welcome Card guides
- Unlimited Luggage
Price: €3 per person (plus Service Fee €2 per person)
Notice: Our website visitors will get 5% extra discount. Just click the red button below and make sure you see the discounted price on the official page.
How it Works:
- After your order you will receive the QR Code
- Get on any departing HAVAIST Bus at Istanbul Airport
- Just scan the QR code at bus driver and enter the bus
Re-booking and cancellation is free of charge up to 12 hours before your arrival.
* You get from New Istanbul Airport (IST) to Bakirkoy by the local taxis.
* According to the 2020 taxi fares, the taxi-meter switch on price is 5 TL and 3,10 TL per kilometer. There is no day and night difference.
* Average taxi fare from New Istanbul Airport to Bakirkoy will be around 150-160 TL.
* Read more on our Istanbul Taxi Guide (2020 Fares, Tips) page for Istanbul taxis.
* If you are a group or a family with kids or having lots of luggage with you, than we highly recommend private shuttle transfers for your hotel in Bakirkoy as they offer a fixed rate, comfortable and safe transfer that include meet-and-greet airport pickups and luggage assistance to your hotel in Bakirkoy from New Istanbul Airport (IST) or from your hotel to the airport.
* When you take HAVAIST airport shuttle, it will drop you off at the Bakirkoy IDO Seabus Port, and you’ll need to walk or take a taxi from there again which will be difficult for you with your kids and luggage. But private transfers drives you just to the entrance of your hotel.
* As for private shuttle transfers between New Istanbul Airport (IST) and Bakirkoy, we highly recommend Kiwi Taxi as we recently booked with them had a great trip to our hotel. It offers low-priced, fixed rate private shuttles that include meet-and-greet airport pickups and luggage assistance.
* Their large selection of comfortable taxis, minivans, luxurious cars and 6-19+ passenger minibuses can match any need while ensuring quick and safe travels. Faster and more comfortable than shuttles, buses and taxis. Free cancellation up to 5 hrs before pickup. All prices include fees & tip.
Check Out & Book Your Private Shuttle for Bakirkoy
We'd be so glad by giving us a like below and join our Facebook page, where you can also ask any questions, share your Istanbul experiences, pictures, yell out complaints, and chat with thousands of Istanbul travelers.