Last Updated on March 28, 2021
Istanbul Aquarium is one of the best aquariums and theme parks in Europe. The Aquarium is located in the Florya neighborhood of Bakirkoy district. It is the biggest thematic aquarium in the world.
What to Expect?
Covering a 6,000 square meters area, the Istanbul Aquarium is special-themed and 1,2 km long travel route originating in the Black Sea towards the Pacific, the fish species, rain-forest, a gift shop with an area of 470 square meters.
It has a restaurant with the Panama Canal view on one side and the sea view on the other. You can also enjoy a great leisure time and make shopping at the Aqua Florya Shopping Mall.
Attractions & Activities
You can enjoy a great day out by following a geographical route, travel on a route that hosts 16 themes and 1 rain-forest going from the Black Sea towards the Pacific.
Activities include; Diving With Sharks, Fish Feeding Hours, Diving Course, Opening Banner In The Main Tank, Photo Shoot, etc.
Istanbul Aquarium Features:
- Water volume: 6.800 cubic meters; 64 tanks in total,
- A two-storey giant project with total area of 22.000 square meters on 100-decare land,
- Parking lot area of 32.000 square meters/1.200 vehicles belonging to Istanbul Aquarium,
- Visitor area of 6.000 square meters,
- A special-themed, 1,2 km long travel route originating in the Black Sea towards the Pacific,
- Approximately 1.500 species, 15.000 land and sea creatures in total, which are interesting from each other,
- 2, 15-person, 6-axle 5D movie houses, providing the option to watch 7 separate films, an extraordinary system that makes live some effects such as wind, fog and water,
- A gift shop with an area of 470 square meters within Istanbul Aquarium,
- 3 cafeterias on the travel route,
- 1 restaurant having the Panama Canal view on one side and the sea view on the other.
Visiting Hours & Admissions
Open every day between 10.00 – 19:00 on weekdays, 10:00 – 22:00 on weekends.
Please check istanbulakvaryum.com for other family and discounted ticket options, campaigns and buying tickets online.
You can also buy Istanbul Aquarium online ticket with Aqua Florya Shopping Mall tour from below Get Your Guide offer.
How to Get There?
You’ll find the Istanbul Aquarium is located at the Florya neighborhood of Bakirkoy district, by the Marmara sea coast. See the location map.
The most practical way to get to Istanbul Akvaryum is to take their Free Shuttle service, from Taksim Square, Sultanahmet and Sirkeci Train Station. The free shuttles are only available for the visitors who bought Istanbul Akvaryum tickets from Hop-on Hop-off, at the departure point.
Public transportation options:
- Metrobus: Beşyol Stop + Florya Minibus İstanbul Akvaryum Last Stop
- Public Bus: BN1 Halkalı – Eminönü, BN2 Küçükçekmece – Eminönü, BN3 Halkalı – Yenikapı, 73Y Yenibosna Metro-Akvaryum, 73B Florya – Bakırköy and 73F Florya – Taksim Line
- Seabus: IDO Bakırköy Seaport + BN1, BN2, BN3 İETT Halkalı Eminönü Line
- Metro: Yenibosna Metro Station + 73Y İETT Yenibosna Metro İstanbul Akvaryum Line
- Marmaray Train: Florya Akvaryum Station
Check Municipal public bus routes and timetables from iett.istanbul (just type the location on the search bar and it will show the bus lines with routes and stops)
Address: Senlikköy district, Yesilköy Halkali Street. No:93 Florya-Istanbul
Tel: 444 9 744 (PBX)