What is Istanbul Tourist Pass and should I get one?
Istanbul Tourist Pass is a travel discount card provided by Istanbul’s authorized travel agents, provides entrance and transportation tickets to many of Istanbul’s top tourist attractions along with several guided museum tours with skip-the-line access in a simple, useful, convenient and fun way.
Rather than paying for each item individually, the pass allows you to choose from 30+ things to do in Istanbul so you can pack as much into your stay as possible for a single set price.
It is the most popular and recommended discount tourist pass in Istanbul that you will get valuable discounts of up to 70%. Highly recommended for travelers that will stay more than 3 days in Istanbul.
Types of Istanbul Tourist Pass
You may buy Istanbul Tourist Pass for 2, 3, 5 or 7 days. If you stay about 4-5 days or a week in Istanbul, than we highly recommend you buy 3 day, 5 day or 7 day Istanbul Tourist Pass.
What’s included with Istanbul Tourist Pass?
As you see, you’ll be able to get access to all below 30 attractions and sights in Istanbul with about 65% discount. You may see the regular prices of the attractions, all are free with Istanbul Tourist Pass. And you will save over €250 !!!
Includes (FREE with ITP)
- Hagia Sophia Museum (Guided Tour) – Regular price €15
- Topkapi Palace Museum (Guided Tour) – Regular price €15
- Basilica Cistern (Guided Tour) – Regular price €9
- BigBus Hop-on Hop-off Bus Tour (24 hours) – Regular price €45
- Bosphorus Dinner Cruise With Turkish Shows – Regular price €50
- Bosphorus Night Cruise With Fish & Chips – Regular price €15
- Istanbul Whirling Dervishes Show – Regular price €18
- Blue Mosque (Guided Tour) – Regular price €10
- Grand Bazaar and Turkish Handcrafts Workshop – Regular price €10
- Maiden’s Tower – Regular price €4
- Bosphorus Cruise – Regular price €4
- Madame Tussauds Wax Museum – Regular price €12
- Sea Life Aquarium – Regular price €12
- Princes’ Islands Boat Trip (Round-trip) – Regular price €4
- Hop-on Hop-off Bosphorus Boat Tour – Regular price €3
- Hagia Irene Church Museum (Guided Tour) – Regular price €10
- Turkish and Islamic Arts Museum (Guided Tour) – Regular price €11
- Legoland Discovery Centre – Regular price €10
- Pera Museum – Regular price €4
- Sakip Sabanci Museum – Regular price €5
- Dialogue in the Dark – Regular price €9
- Dialogue in the Silence – Regular price €9
- Jungle Park – Regular price €5
- Dungeon – Regular price €4
- Safari – Regular price €4
- Beşiktaş FC Stadium (Guided Tour) – Regular price €7
- Fenerbahce FC Stadium and Museum (Guided Tour) – Regular price €6
- Xtrem Aventures Istanbul – Regular price €10
- Whatsapp Traveler Support – Regular price €0
- Unlimited Mobile Internet Access (3 days) – Regular price €27
- Private Airport Transfer (1-Way) – Regular price €50 (€20 with ITP)
Valid for 2 to 7 days starting from your first activation.
Pricing & Best Deal
The pass pricing depends on how many days you want to use it for. The best deal is the 7-day Pass for €145, but for those with limited days in Istanbul, they also offer a 3-day pass for €115 and 3-day pass for €135.
How does it differ from the Museum Pass or the Istanbul Welcome Card?
First of all, for the ones who will take attractions in addition to museums like majority of the tourists do, and stay 3 days or more in Istanbul, we do not recommend Istanbul Museum Pass. Because Tourist Pass or Welcome Card also offers the same museums and you may save more with them.
Tourist Pass is expensive than Welcome Card but while more expensive, free access to higher end attractions such as the Bosphorus Diner Cruise (€50), Hop-on Hop-off Big Bus, (€35) and Whirling Dervishes Show (€18) are included. You’ll also get be able to visit many family-friendly attractions such as Sea Life Aquarium (€15), Kidzmodo (€14), Madame Tussaud’s Wax Museum (€13), LegoLand (€10) and Xtrem Adventures without paying anything extra. Furthermore, you’ll get 3-days of unlimited mobile internet access with your pass along with WhatsApp traveler support, and one way airport transfer.
Like we mentioned above, if you will stay 3 days or more in Istanbul and want to take the advantage of fast track entry, free access to all top attractions in Istanbul, and get unlimited internet and airport transfer, than we recommend Istanbul Tourist Pass.
If you think that guided Hagia Sophia and Topkapi Palace museum visits or 12 state museums visit, plus Bosphorus cruise and 10-20 free ride Public Transportation would be enough for you, than we can recommend Istanbul Welcome Card.
Why the Mobile Internet Kit is Useful and Who is it Good For?
This Internet kit can be collected from airports in Turkey or can be delivered to your hotel upon request while booking. The service works all over Turkey. You may take advantage of 4G WiFi to connect up to 10 devices to the internet using your mobile phone, tablet or computer and chat with professional guides from Istanbul Tourist Pass over WhatsApp.
Things you should know before buying Istanbul Tourist Pass
- Istanbul Tourist Pass is an online pass and nothing except the Internet kit is delivered physically as this is very quick and useful.
- The voucher you get is your digital pass for admission to included attractions.
- All support is provided in English.
- Valid for 2, 3, 5 or 7 consecutive days.
- Topkapi Palace is closed on Tuesdays, The Whirling Dervishes Show perform on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays and children under the age of 7 may not be permitted.
- For admission to museums, a reservation needs to be done in advance.
- The Internet kit can be collected from airports in Turkey or can be delivered to your hotel upon request while booking. The service works all over Turkey.
- All attractions and sights are single entry except BigBus Hop-on Hop-off Bus Tour which is valid for 24 hours after first use and the Hop-on Hop-off Bosphorus Boat Tour which is valid for 1 day or 1 full loop.
How to Use Your Big Bus Ticket Effectively
The bus will take the visitor to all of the museums, but they will waste a lot of time there, so I would recommend they use their bus ticket to see things that are farther away and to enjoy the sights along the Bosphorus as well as far away museums and this not included in the pass, but which cost a lot in Shuttles (like Miniaturk/Dolphinarum/Piere Loti) which are a close metro to Legoland/Sealife which is included in the pass.
How to Buy Istanbul Tourist Pass?
You can also buy Istanbul Tourist Pass via Istanbul’s authorized travel agents through Get Your Guide or Viator, which are world’s popular and trusted online tour selling companies.
We recommend you to buy via Get Your Guide or Viator from the below links, as they offer Free cancellation up to 24 hours before activity starts. And you’ll reward us with this (at no additional cost to you) and let us take commission from our hard works and keep our website alive. Also many times there happens an additional discounts on the GYG and Viator offers. See them below.
You may buy your 3, 5 or 7-Day Istanbul Tourist Pass from below with the cheapest price and satisfaction guaranteed. You’ll you will save over €250. When you buy the Istanbul Tourist Pass;
- You will have access to attractions and sights mentioned above,
- 3 days of unlimited internet connection (requires reservation in advance, 1 kit per group of 3 people),
- One-way airport transfer (Sabiha Gokcen Airport. The New Istanbul Airport – subject to a small surcharge) and
- Guiding over WhatsApp (Weekdays: 10:00 am – 6:00 pm| Weekends: 11:00 am – 5:00 pm).
Valid 3 to 7 days (from first activation), Skip the line, Printed or mobile voucher accepted, Instant confirmation, Wheelchair accessible, Easy cancellation, Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.