Last Updated on July 31, 2021
Things to do with kids is a common issue and sometimes a big trouble for families travelling with kids, especially in winter times. In many cities or towns, it may be very hard to find attractions for kids but in Istanbul you can be sure that you’ll never find yourself stuck in this situation. You will find loads of attractions in Istanbul for your kids, and also you’ll definitely have fun with them.
No Regrets Istanbul Attractions for Kids
If you are looking for a best value for money, satisfaction guarantee kids friendly attractions in Istanbul, don’t wanna read the whole page, trust our recommendations, save time and money, than you can feel free to check out the below tours.
Below we gathered and categorized the kids attractions in Istanbul including theme parks, museums, charming places, historical sites, sightseeing tours, parks and gardens and more. You may easily discover what Istanbul offers for kids and plan your visits with our page. Note that about every attraction we mention will take your whole day, so with all the kids’ attractions below, you may cover at least 1 week of your stay in Istanbul with your kids.
# Take kids to popular amusement & theme parks
Amusement and theme parks are not only the places for fun, but also great places for your kids’ learning and imagination development. There are wide range of theme parks in Istanbul to choose from thrills, rides, roller-coasters to aquariums, dolphinariums and variety of great attraction centers for kids. Families are able to easily spend the whole day at the theme parks without their kids’ getting bored. Below you may see all the popular amusement and theme parks for kids in Istanbul and read more by visiting our detailed pages.
1. Isfanbul in Eyup, Golden Horn
A huge complex that combines theme park, shopping, entertainment and exhibition centers in one place, great thrills, rides, roller-coasters and carousels…
2. Sea Life Istanbul in Bayrampasa
5th largest aquarium in the world, lovely sea creatures, the largest collection of sharks in Europe, the Digital Aquarium, the Turtle Hospital, thematic zones…
3. Istanbul LEGOLAND Discovery Center in Bayrampasa
A world famous brand, LEGO mini-land, LEGO 4D Cinema, the Kingdom Adventure Game, LEGO building expert, LEGO shop and cafe…
4. Istanbul Aquarium in Florya (Bakirkoy)
One of the best in Europe, hosts 16 themes and one rain-forest going from the Black Sea towards the Pacific, land and sea creatures, 5D movie houses…
5. Istanbul Dolphinarium in Eyup, Golden Horn
The biggest Dolphinarium in Europe, dolphin shows, playful fur seals, massive walruses and the gorgeous white whale…
# Take kids to museums of interest
6. Miniaturk – Miniature Turkey Museum in Sutluce, Golden Horn
The miniature Turkey open air museum, the miniature forms of the greatest monuments of Turkey…
7. Madame Tussauds Istanbul Wax Museum in Istiklal Avenue, Taksim
A museum chain for life-size wax replicas of famous celebrities and historic icons as well as historical and cultural heroes from the history…
8. Rahmi Koc Museum in Haskoy, Golden Horn
Housed in a former anchor foundry, a science and technology museum, a trove of machines, vintage cars, trains and submarines…
9. Istanbul Toy Museum in Goztepe, Kadikoy
Toys are gathered from the antiques shops and auctions from more than 40 countries for 20 years. Closed on Mondays. Address: Omerpasa Zeki Zeren Str. No:17, Goztepe, Kadikoy. Tel: +90 216 359 45 50 – 51
# Take kids for sightseeing of interest
10. Bosphorus Cruise
A great experience and fun day out activity along the world’s famous Bosphorus strait. Typical Bosphorus Cruises begin slightly to the east of the famous Galata Bridge and continues to Anadolu Kavagi which is the Bosphorus’ entrance to the Black Sea making numerous sightseeing stops along the strait.
A great experience and fun day out activity on an open topped double decker tourist bus. The upper deck of the city sightseeing bus offers a great vantage point for the amazing panoramic views of the city and lets you take photos.
12. Kids & Students Bike Tour
This is a great excursion that has been specifically designed for school groups, kids and students. The students will get to know Istanbul in a relaxing and educative way with this exciting and fun Istanbul bike tour.
# Take kids to charming places and historical sites
13. Hagia Sophia in Sultanahmet
Former church, one of the world’s greatest architectural works and accepted as the 8th wonder of the world, experience the history in the Roman, Byzantine, and Ottoman Empires.
This place is what every Istanbul itinerary has for sure. If you had just one day in Istanbul the world-famous Hagia Sophia Museum would be the first stop. You and your kids will admire and have a detailed look at the architecture, mosaics, construction, the imperial dome, upper galleries and the decoration from the past and today.
We recommend the below ticket options for the great value for money.
- Book Hagia Sophia VIP Highlights Tour & Audio Guide – skip the lines, donation fees and Hagia Sophia plan, 30 min. tour with English speaking guide, Hagia Sophia Audio App for IOS and Android in 10 languages
- Book Hagia Sophia History Tour with Historian Guide – skip the lines and save 2 hours, learn 30 min. from official guide, see all mosaics, galleries and details inside, get to know the story of the buildings history
- Book VIP Combo Ticket for Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Palace & Basilica Cistern –Hagia Sophia, Topkapi and Basilica Highlight Tour with English speaking official tour guide, skip the ticket lines, entrance fees, Audio guide on your own smartphone in 9 languages
14. Topkapi Palace in Sultanahmet
One of world’s richest museums, the former residence of the Ottoman emperors, three courtyards, terraces with astonishing views, as well as precious collections, one of the top tourist attractions.
You and your kids will admire Topkapi Palace Museum and its famous Harem section and have a detailed look at the rooms, gardens, galleries, collections and the decoration from the past and today.
We recommend the below ticket options for the great value for money.
- Book Topkapi Palace & Harem Tour with Historian Guide – skip the ticket lines and save 2 hours, learn 90 minutes from a historian guide, get the real sense of the Topkapi Palace, learn the story about the Harem, English speaking guide, entrance fees included
- Book Topkapi Palace VIP Ticket with Audio Guide & Highlights Tour – skip the ticket lines and save 2 hours with an authorised tour guide, entry fees, Topkapi Palace plan, 30 min. highlight tour with English speaking guide, Audio App for IOS and Android in 9 languages
- Book VIP Combo Ticket for Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Palace & Basilica Cistern – Hagia Sophia, Topkapi and Basilica Highlight Tour with English speaking official tour guide, skip the ticket lines, entrance fees, Audio guide on your own smartphone in 9 languages
15. Blue Mosque in Sultanahmet
17th century very huge and unique mosque with six minarets, one of the most popular tourist sights in Istanbul.
16. Galata Tower in Karakoy
An old Genoese tower 72 meters above the ground, overlooking Istanbul and has a restaurant at the top, panoramic views of Istanbul, Golden Horn and Bosphorus…
# Take kids to beautiful parks & gardens
17. Gulhane Park in Eminonu
Once a rosary shelter and garden development place for Ottoman Palace, the park is the most visited one with variety of gardens, pools and attractions…
18. Fethi Pasa Grove in Uskudar
16 hectares of green area with cafes and restaurants and has an outstanding panorama of the Bosphorus.