Not everyone knows that Turkey offers an eVisa service for citizens of over 90 countries. If you plan a trip to Turkey and have never applied for a visa online before, then this post is for you! In this article, we will go through each step involved in applying for an eVisa to travel to Turkey.
We’ll start with explaining the Turkish eVisa system a bit more, then we’ll go to the documents you need from your home country and how long it takes to process your application, finally explaining the actual process of applying and the benefits of using such a system.
Insider Advice: Kickstart your Istanbul adventure with the Istanbul E-Pass or Istanbul Tourist Pass. These passes provide free access to around 70+ top attractions, tours and essential local services in the city with around 70% savings.
What is a Turkey eVisa?
Turkey eVisa is an electronic alternative to the regular Turkish visa. It is still issued by the Turkish Government and serves as an official travel authorization document but is much easier to obtain.
Using the eVisa system helps travelers in applying for their visas quickly without even leaving their homes.
It’s as simple as you can imagine! That is why so many countries are adopting this system and eliminating the inconvenient visits to embassies or consulates along the process.
Turkey eVisa types
Turkey introduced the eVisa system back in 2013 and from the very beginning offered two types of eVisa for foreign travelers.
There is a:
No Regrets Booking Advice
- single-entry eVisa allowing one 30-day long stay
- multiple-entry eVisa for a three-month stay
Both stay effective for six months following the issuing date and make it possible for their holders to enjoy leisure and business-related trips to Turkey.
Who needs a Turkey eVisa?
There are over 90 countries, citizens of which need to apply for the Turkey eVisa before crossing the Turkish border.
23 of the eligible countries can apply for the multiple-entry 90-day eVisa, while the remaining 70 countries can submit an application for the second type available – the single entry eVisa for a 30-day stay.
How to get a Turkey eVisa?
There are two ways to get the Turkey eVisa. The first option is to register online with the Turkish Government using the official website. The second option is to apply using an eVisa agent and their website.
Why should you get an eVisa for Turkey using an eVisa agent instead of going through traditional channels?
The second option may be a bit more convenient since the application form will be available in a much clearer form in multiple languages.
Moreover, you will only need to provide the required information, because the actual application process is handled by eVisa professionals who put an effort for your application to get approved as quickly as possible.
One of the most experienced eVisa agents can be found on evisa.express/en/turkey allowing you to get the essential the Turkey eVisa information in English, Chinese, German, and Polish and fill the form within minutes online!
We Highly Recommend These Fantastic Night-time Activities
Step-by-step guide to applying for the Turkish eVisa
- Fill the application form – this step is the most crucial one in the whole application process and requires the most attention from the applicant. You will need to provide essential information about you and your upcoming trip, including your passport details. Make sure to take your time and enter the data correctly to avoid any delays or issues with approval.
- Cover the issuing fee – If the form is correctly filled, you can move on to covering the issuing fee, which can be done using any online payment method.
- Check your email inbox – lastly, check your email inbox since the approved Turkey eVisa will reach your email box no later than 72 hours from submitting your application.
Print out the received document and you’re good to go!
What do I need to apply?
The required documents may be the only confusing element of the whole Turkish eVisa system. Which documents you’ll need depends on your nationality.
The Turkish Government has stated that some travelers only need a passport with a validity period extending beyond six months from the planned date of arrival in Turkey, while others need to attach a few more supporting documents to have their application approved.
Thus, depending on your nationality you may either need just a valid passport or additional documents, such as your return ticket, a roundtrip ticket booked with a specific airline, a visa or permanent residence in a selected country, e.g., USA, UK, Ireland, or any Schengen country, or proof of having sufficient funds for the trip.
Check which documents are needed for your nationality and gather them before starting the application process for a smooth experience.
What are the benefits of getting an eVisa for Turkey
Turkey has made it easier than ever before by offering visitors an eVisa that will provide them with all the necessary information they need to travel there without any problems!
So what are the benefits?
- Turkey eVisa is available entirely online and does not require travelers to make embassy visits
- allows stays relating to leisure and business
- once approved, reaches each applicant via email and is available in a downloadable and printable PDF form
- the maximum time of processing is 72 hours (3 business days)
- saves travelers time since the application process takes minutes to complete
- is available to citizens from over 90 countries