If you feel like you are into a cosmetic and aesthetic surgery soon, than book yourself into one of these cosmetic, aesthetic clinics, plastic surgery and best plastic surgeons in Turkey, Istanbul, and enjoy your new look with a very economic and beautiful way.
What is Plastic Surgery?
Cosmetic, aesthetic and plastic surgery have become one of the most trending treatments throughout the world since a couple of years.
People come visit these clinics for mostly rhinoplasty, breast aesthetics, liposuction, BBL, mommy makeover, tummy tuck, face-nose-chin-body-hip aesthetics, dermatology and gynecology to have a better self-esteem, confidence and physical appearance.
Plastic surgery is a procedure that helps with enhancing the physical appearance and is used in treating some medical issues.
Plastic surgery handles the reconstruction, repair, or alteration of the body, face, neck, breast, arm, and legs. It helps with improving self-esteem and physical appearance, giving you enhanced functioning, and improved quality of life.
What is included?
Plastic surgery is the main branch of all these procedures, and aesthetic surgery is a side branch of the plastic surgery. It is also called as cosmetic surgery. So we can say that cosmetic and aesthetic is kinda same.
Aesthetic surgery involves on the healthy parts of your body limbs. And not always require a surgery which means you will not always get traces and cuts.
The non-surgical treatments include deep laser applications, filling, stem cell applications, and many more and all implemented by the aesthetic surgeons or dermatologists.
The most common treatments of the cosmetic and aesthetic surgery includes;
- Face aesthetics such as facelift, lifting forehead-eyebrow, eyelid surgery, correction of facial contour and bucket ear, enlargement or reduction of chin, etc.,
- Rhinoplasty, Nose aesthetics and functional disorder corrections, etc.,
- Breast aesthetics such as breast augmentation, breast reduction, breast lift, etc.,
- Excess fat in the abdominal region in men,
- Liposuction, Tummy Tuck, Mommy Makeover, BBL, waist thinning, shaping of legs, hip aesthetics
- Non-surgical rejuvenation and beautification processes
Types of plastic surgeries
These procedures help to enhance the physical appearance, and they are elective for nonmedical reasons, such as facelifts, breast augmentation, and liposuction. These procedures help with giving you your ideal body shape, size, and symmetry.
This procedure helps to restore form and function, such as cleft lip and palate repair, burn repair, and hand surgery to restore your natural appearance.
Other conditions that reconstructive surgery might help with are burns, scars, injuries that affect larger areas of your skin, and some types of cancers.
Who performs plastic and reconstructive surgery and how to select the right doctor
Plastic and reconstructive surgery is usually performed by a plastic surgeon who is a specialist in this field.
When selecting your plastic surgeon, you need to consider the following:
- You should make sure your doctor is board certified and licensed.
- Training and experience: Check the surgeon’s training, experience, and track record in performing the specific procedure you are interested in.
- Patient reviews: Read patient reviews to get an idea of the surgeon’s reputation and how satisfied patients have been with their results.
- Consultation: Schedule a consultation with the surgeon to discuss your goals and concerns, and to assess the surgeon’s communication skills and bedside manner.
- Safety: Check the surgeon’s hospital privileges, as well as their record with the state medical board, to ensure that they have a good track record of safety and patient satisfaction.
- Facility: Make sure the surgical facility is accredited and meets safety standards.
Benefits of plastic surgery
There are many benefits to plastic surgery including:
- Improving physical appearance: Plastic surgery can enhance or change your physical appearance to your desired shape and form.
- Boosting self-confidence: Having a successful plastic surgery procedure can boost your self-esteem and confidence levels.
- Correcting deformities: Plastic surgery can correct birth defects, physical deformities that are caused by injuries or accidents, and deformities resulting from previous surgeries.
- Relieving physical discomfort: Certain plastic surgeries, such as breast reduction, can help relieve physical discomfort and improve your quality of life.
- Reversing the effects of aging: Plastic surgery can help reverse the signs of aging and restore your youthful appearance.
Potential Risks and complications of plastic and reconstructive surgery
- Infection: A surgical site infection can happen and you may need additional treatment.
- Bleeding: Excessive bleeding can happen during or after surgery and can lead to additional surgical procedures or hospitalization.
- Anesthesia risks: The side effects of anesthesia are nausea, vomiting, allergic reactions, and other serious complications such as heart problems and blood clots.
- Scarring: Scarring is a common side effect of surgery and may be noticeable or disfiguring, especially if the incisions are not well-healed.
- Numbness or loss of sensation: The nerve endings in the area of the surgery may be damaged, leading to numbness, tingling, or loss of sensation.
- Unsatisfactory results: The results of plastic and reconstructive surgery may not meet the patient’s expectations, or the results may deteriorate over time and you may need revision surgery to correct or improve the results of an initial procedure.
When should I schedule my follow-up with my doctor after plastic surgery?
Your doctor will schedule a follow-up after your procedure, but you should reach out to your doctor immediately if you notice some of these signs of complications:
- Infections and discharge
- Excessive bleeding that stains the wound dressing and your clothes
- Pain and swelling that does not go away.
The recovery period for plastic and reconstructive surgery
The recovery period for plastic and reconstructive surgery depends on the type of procedure, your health, and other individual factors. You can expect to take several days to several weeks to fully recover. During this time, it is important to follow your surgeon’s instructions for postoperative care, including rest, medication, and wound care, to promote healing and minimize the risk of complications.
Recovery at home
- Pain Management: Pain is normal after surgery, and you need to follow your doctor’s instructions on how to manage it. Pain medication can be prescribed, and ice packs can be used to reduce swelling.
- Rest and Sleep: Getting enough rest and sleep is crucial during the recovery period. This allows the body to heal and reduces the risk of complications.
- Incision Care: The incision site should be kept clean and dry, and you should follow your doctor’s instructions on how to care for the wound.
- Activity Restrictions: You should avoid heavy lifting, strenuous exercise, and activities that put pressure on the incision site, you should avoid direct sunlight and hot baths.
- Physical Therapy: Physical therapy may be recommended to help with the healing process and regain strength.
- Follow-up Appointments: Regular follow-up appointments with the surgeon are essential to monitor the healing process and ensure that everything is progressing as expected.
- Avoid Smoking and Alcohol: Smoking and alcohol should be avoided during the recovery period as they can slow down the healing process.
Every surgery has its risks and plastic surgery also carries risks, including bleeding, infection, scarring, and unfavorable results that may need more procedures. The recovery time for plastic surgery can vary depending on the type of procedure and the individual and can be from several days to several weeks. It is important to talk about the potential risks and benefits of a qualified plastic surgeon before deciding to undergo surgery.
Advantages of Plastic Surgery in Turkey, Istanbul
Istanbul is a renowned center for cosmetic, plastic, reconstructive and aesthetic surgery clinics, and plastic surgeons like the many other top cities in the world, as well as in Turkey. The very reasonable prices, quality of service in its world-class clinics with the latest technology, quality, and affordable healthcare make Istanbul a superb choice.
Majority of the medical tourists visit Istanbul and Turkey for cosmetic and aesthetic surgery from the Middle East, Gulf and European countries for cosmetic and aesthetic operations, as medical and health tourism in Istanbul is growing very fast across global markets in the recent years.
Turkey is also in the list of top 5 countries in the world for the cosmetic and aesthetic procedures, as well as full range of cosmetic surgery, surgical and non-surgical treatments.
Istanbul offers world class and state of the art cosmetic and aesthetic surgery clinics with both non-surgical and surgical treatment options at very affordable prices and comprehensive aftercare programs with 24/7 support.
The techniques and skills used by Istanbul surgeons can be considered as one of the best in the world.
Top Reasons Why People Choose Turkey for Plastic Surgeries
Let’s take a look at the three factors making Turkey one of the Top-5 destinations for plastic surgery:
High-Class Treatment: With cutting-edge technologies, Turkish clinics and hospitals offer patients the most outstanding care before, during, and after the procedure. The procedures are performed in well-equipped facilities with access to emergency care right away. You will receive care from amiable medical professionals, including translators, nurses, and doctors who are there and eager to assist you.
Affordability: Besides providing excellent treatments, Turkey’s plastic surgery expenses are incredibly reasonable compared to the US or the UK. The cost of plastic surgeries in Turkey can be significantly reduced while providing patients the same care level as in other nations.
Highly-Skilled Expert Doctors: Turkish cosmetic and plastic surgery surgeons have a deep awareness and understanding of what the patients want, thanks to their frequent interactions with patients visiting them from all around the globe. The highly qualified Turkish surgeons perform more operations in a given period than their peers in the US or the UK, making them gain many hand skills, and they are in high demand.
Wonderful Vacation: Turkey is a fantastic travel destination and one of the top spots for rhinoplasty surgery. Thanks to its abundant historical monuments, mouthwatering cuisine, and mesmerizing natural beauty, you can have a fun and unforgettable vacation while getting your medical treatment.
How about Plastic Surgery & Aesthetics in Turkey, Istanbul?
If you’ve been thinking about a cosmetic and aesthetic surgery of treatment in the hand of best plastic surgeons in Turkey, Istanbul, to have a better and beautiful look, you’ve probably shocked with the costs in the EU, UK or US.
However, when you compare the costs and quality of service in the clinics in Istanbul, you’ll definitely agree that it will be by far the most economical and practical way.
Plastic Surgery in Turkey FAQs
What is the most popular plastic surgery in the Turkey?
The most popular plastic surgeries in Turkey include;
- Breast augmentation, reduction, lift, breast implant removals,
- Hair transplantation,
- Tummy tuck (abdominoplasty),
- Brazilain Butt Lift (BBL),
- Mommy Makeover,
- Chin, cheek, or jaw reshaping,
- Eyelid lift (blepharoplasty),
How common is plastic surgery in the Turkey?
Plastic surgery is very common in Turkey. Plastic surgeons are It is estimated that about more than 1 million non-surgical procedures have been done in Turkey in the past year. There is about 30% increase in plastic surgeries in Turkey each year.
Is Turkey good for plastic surgery?
Turkey has more than 1,500 plastic surgeons who are all very experienced and board certified. In addition, Turkey is listed in the top 10 countries getting the big number of medical tourists for its accredited hospitals with the latest technology, quality, affordable healthcare, thermal springs, natural hot spring water resources, and world renowned hospitality in the past few years.
Is plastic surgery in Turkey safe?
Yes, it is safe. Turkey has one of the best public healthcare systems and private healthcare sector in the world. There strict regulations that apply to both Turkish citizens and international patients that come to the country for medical treatments to help ensure their safety and prevent any possible harm to the patients and unnecessary surgeries.
Why is Turkey the best for plastic surgery?
The affordable prices with very good service quality, adequate care, state-of-the-art surgical facilities and well-equipped to handle emergencies, well trained surgeons, and vacation time make Turkey one of the best countries for plastic surgeries in the world.
Also majority of the plastic surgery and aesthetics clinics and surgeons are all approved by the international organizations including JCI (Joint Commissions International), JCAOH (Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations) and ISO (International Organization for Standardization).
Where is the best place in Turkey to get plastic surgery?
Istanbul is a leading global destination and plastic surgery center in Europe and Asia for its World renowned plastic surgeons, world class hospitals with high class and technology, excellent service with very reasonable prices, as well as quality hotels, accommodation, easy transportation and tourism opportunities. Thanks to its excellent location between Europe and Asia.
Ankara, Antalya and Izmir comes next for the best plastic surgery options in Turkey.
Does Turkey have good plastic surgeons?
Definitely yes. Turkey has more than 1,500 plastic surgeons that are experts and board certified in their fields. In addition; the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery ranks Turkey among the top 10 countries in the world having the best plastic surgeons and performing the best surgical and non-surgical procedures in plastic, reconstructive, and aesthetics.
Is plastic surgery cheaper in Turkey?
Yes, it is. Without compromising on the service and doctor quality, surgical and non-surgical plastic and cosmedic procedures are around 60-70% cheaper in Turkey when compared to the rest of Europe, UK or US.
Why is Turkey so cheap for cosmetic surgery?
The reason why Turkey is cheap for plastic and cosmetic procedures is that the minimum wage, cost of living, accommodation, rental, utility and management costs are one of the lowest ones than in the other countries in the world.
One other reason is that the Turkish government abolished VAT for foreign medical tourists who will take treatment in the Turkish clinics and hospitals that are certified by the Ministry of Health of Turkey.
Who are the best plastic surgeons in Turkey?
Best plastic surgeons in Turkey, Istanbul are;
- Op.Dr. Salih Onur Basat - Istanbul
- Op.Dr. Arif Eroglu - Istanbul
- Op.Dr. Mehmet Toprak - Istanbul
- Op.Dr. M. Serkan Dinar - Istanbul
- Op.Dr. Serif Yavuz - Istanbul
- Op.Dr. Asu Deniz Burhanoglu - Istanbul
- Op.Dr. Ekrem Keskin - Istanbul
- Op.Dr. Erkin Onsal - Istanbul
- M.D. Guncel Ozturk - Istanbul
- M.D. Huseyin Kandulu - Istanbul
- Op.Dr. Mustafa Aydinol - Istanbul
- Op.Dr. Okan Morkoc - Istanbul
- M.D. Ozan Balik - Istanbul
- Op.Dr. Serkan Balta - Istanbul
What the Clinics Offer?
Majority of the cosmetic and aesthetic clinics, plus best plastic surgeons in Turkey offer a very well planned trip with guide and consultant, including;
- Your detailed treatment plan in Istanbul with all the logistics,
- A comprehensive discussion with costs to your desired outcome,
- Your accommodation plan that best suits your needs,
- Pick-up from the airport to your hotel and the clinic, and vice-versa,
- Your lifetime follow-up and aftercare service
How it Works?
Step 1 – Contact
Upon sending your request including your medical history via the form below, the team of doctors will check your requirement, discuss the case and reply you with details regarding planned treatment and costs maximum in 12 hours.
Step 2 – Travel Packages
You can decide and request additional travel packages such as leisure program in the city, day tours, etc.
Step 3 – Accommodation Arrangements
If you want assistance with your accommodation, the clinic can offer you the best value for money one with their contracted hotels. You can also make your own reservation for sure.
Step 4 – Confirmation
Before your departure, the clinic will send you a written confirmation of your appointment, bookings, travel arrangements and accommodation (if booked through them).
Arrival in Istanbul
Upon your arrival to Istanbul, you’ll have meet and greet at the airport service with the clinic’s driver. And you’ll be transferred to your selected hotel or clinic depending on treatment plan via private shuttle.
Departure from İstanbul
After your successful treatment, you’ll again have airport transfer service.
How do I choose a plastic surgeon?
The most important factor in the success of your plastic surgery procedures is the expertise and skill of the surgeon. Choosing a plastic surgeon for liposuction needs careful research and due diligence. Here are some things to look out for;
- Certification: Look for a board-certified plastic surgeon
- Look at their experience and results: Read online reviews and check before and after photos to see their track record.
- Schedule a consultation: A consultation is a good opportunity to evaluate the doctor.
- Discuss your goals and concerns: Make sure your doctor understands your expectations.
Questions You Should Ask Before You See A Doctor
Before you decide your treatment or medication, we recommend you make sure you know the answers of some prior questions. Here is a quick guide on what to know and ask to your doctor or healthcare professional?
1. Does your hospital/clinic has accreditation from the Turkish Ministry of Health?
2. What will be the tests/diagnosis/checks for?
3. Can I get a copy of my diagnostic test results?
4. What are the risks and benefits of the treatment or medication that I’m gonna take?
5. Are there any relative risks?
6. How many for every 100 people had a successful treatment on average and how many experienced complications?
7. Any alternatives to this treatment or medication?
8. What can happen if I don’t take it?
9. When should I expect to hear from you or your hospital/clinic? And what should I do if I don’t hear anything?
10. Whom should I contact or what should I do if things get worse?
Top Best Plastic Surgeons in Turkey + Aesthetic Clinics
If you are into clinics in the city for your cosmetic needs, than here is our pick of the top plastic surgery, cosmetic and aesthetic clinics plus best plastic surgeons in Turkey, Istanbul. We are Istanbul insiders and here we only suggest the proven and top rated ones with the patients’ comments.