Last Updated on
Nightlife in Istanbul is outstanding. So much as Istanbul is rich in history, cultural heritage and financial capacity, a glamorous night life complements the city. Entertainment in Istanbul revolves around many of the entertainment venues that the city has to offer.
In recent years, nightlife in Istanbul has really come alive in recent years and the locals will all tell you that the nightlife spreads out in all directions throughout the city. With its numerous little bars, pubs, cafes, and restaurants, you can easily spend the night bouncing from one venue to the next in Istanbul.
Istanbul is also considered to be the city that never sleeps. You can enjoy the city’s dining, wining, shopping, music and entertainment scene throughout the year of its variety of lively events, concerts, festivals, art exhibitions and more.
Popular Night Districts & Neighborhoods
As for intense entertainment and nightlife in Istanbul;
* On the European side; Taksim, Istiklal Street, Asmlimescit, Nevizade Street, Tunnel line and Galata regions and neighborhoods of the Beyoglu district, Besiktas market zone and coast, Ortakoy, Bebek, Nisantasi, Sisli and Etiler regions and neighborhoods of the Besiktas district,
* On the Asian side; Kadikoy market zone, Iskele Street, Bahariye Street, Kadife Street and Caddebostan Bar Street regions and neighborhoods of the Kadikoy district are the most popular and most visited neighborhoods and districts of Istanbul that offer lively nights.
* Turkish nights, another popular tourist attraction, popular on the Aksaray-Beyazit regions and Sulukule, Kumkapı, Istiklal Street and Kadikoy offers the best the traditional meyhanes (taverns).
Istanbul nights for you…
Pub Crawl (a must!!!)
If you’re in Istanbul on a Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, or Saturday, and looking to enjoy Istanbul’s lively nights like a local, without paying so much in typical bars and clubs, and avoiding tourist traps and scams for the best night out ever, than we highly recommend you to join this pub crawl and head to 3 of the top bars, pubs and clubs in the city and enjoy free welcome beer and shots, and free admission.. See Best Istanbul Pub Crawl
Istanbul offers wide range of Turkish cuisine at the variety of well established, good and luxury Istanbul restaurants and ancient Ottoman places. See Best Istanbul Restaurants
You can find the best bars in Istanbul that you may spend great times with your family or friends from our Best Istanbul Bars page.
Rooftop Restaurants & Bars
There’s nothing better than to enjoy your evening dine & wine in one of the best terrace or rooftop restaurant or bar, in the company of panoramic views of the city. You can both appreciate the excellent cuisine and the great views in these places. See best rooftop restaurants and bars in Istanbul.
Irish Pubs offer lively and very friendly atmosphere and Istanbul also has great ones. You can find them from our Best Istanbul Irish Pubs page.
You can find numerous night clubs in Istanbul offering great entertainment and nightlife with a wonderful dinner at the start of the night and than lively nights with live music, dance shows, concerts, DJs and more. See Best Istanbul Night Clubs
You can find great wine houses and wine bars in Istanbul where you can enjoy a wonderful night out with wine tasting and wine delight. See Best Istanbul Wine Houses
Alternative Night-time Entertainment
If you want something exciting, unique and special with lively shows, such as Turkish classical music, belly dancing, whirling dervishes, or folkloric shows, than we highly recommend the below programs:
- Whirling Dervishes Show at Hodjapasha Culture Center (daily at 19:00-20:00) or Orient Express Hall (daily at 19:30-20:30), in Sirkeci
- Istanbul Pub Crawl (Fridays and Saturdays at 21:00-02:00)
- Bosphorus Dinner Cruise with Entertainment (daily at 20:00-23:00, from Kabatas)
- Kervansaray Turkish Night Club with Dinner and Oriental Dance Show (daily at 20:00-23:00, in Taksim)
We'd be so glad by giving us a like below and join our Facebook page, where you can also ask any questions, share your Istanbul experiences, pictures, yell out complaints, and chat with thousands of Istanbul travelers.