Last Updated on September 11, 2021
Discover the legendary Ephesus Ancient City, an UNESCO World Heritage archaeological site, also a pilgrimage as houses the House of Virgin Mary, with the best Ephesus tours and day trips from Istanbul. With a range of choices of transport, guided visits and more, such as 2 days Ephesus tour from Istanbul, Ephesus Day Tour by Plane, Ephesus Tour by Overnight Bus, 2 days Ephesus and Pamukkale tour from Istanbul.
Experience one of Turkey’s most visited and popular tourist destinations and historical sites during a day trip to Ephesus (situated in Aegean Izmir region, the western Turkey), with its ancient Greek and Roman port-city, the grand Amphitheatre where St. Paul once preached, the Library of Celsus, the Temple of Hadrian, and the world known House of the Virgin Mary, that is believed to be the location of Mary’s last home.
What to Expect, See & Do
By visiting Ephesus from Istanbul, you’ll both visit Istanbul and Ephesus at the same time in just a fantastic one day or two days trip during your stay in Istanbul. You’ll find plenty of things to do and see in Ephesus.
* Explore and enjoy Ephesus archeological site with its the marble-paved streets, passing crumbled shops and houses, the magnificent façade of the Library of Celsus, and see the other magnificent remnants of Ephesus including the Temple of Hadrian and the bathhouse.
* Admire the marvelous Great Theater of Ephesus, and stroll along its huge amphitheater, where St. Paul once preached, and 25,000 spectators watched plays and gladiatorial games.
* Admire and tour the House of the Virgin Mary, a holy and sacred place for the Christian world. The small chapel that stands on the foundations of a house is believed to be the last home of the Virgin Mary.
* Enjoy the famed carpet & pottery workshops, experience the craft of Turkish carpet weaving, buy or try to make your own quality carpets, ceramics, and pottery.
* Taste and shop the region’s delicious wines and dishes.
* Experience a one night stay in a luxury hotel.
The best Ephesus tours from Istanbul
Make sure you don’t miss out on anything by booking Ephesus tours. Find the right tour for you, whether you just want to visit Ephesus in a day, two days or fancy exploring Turkey package tours including Ephesus.
Here, we only suggest the proven tours from our collaborators, and top rated ones with travelers’ comments. You’ll be guaranteed with the best price regarding the quality of service.
Book online in advance as they are selling out quickly. And free cancellation with a FULL REFUND up to 24 hours in advance.
If you want to get a quote directly from the local operators, than you can use the form at the bottom of the page.
Ephesus tours by Toursce
This is Toursce, a Travel Bazaar Agency, registered Turkish Travel Agent License by TURSAB – A 6250, providing in-depth Turkey package tours and specialized on day tours for Istanbul, Cappadocia, Ephesus and Pamukkale. Has good traveler ratings and comments. You are able to find a range of day tours to Ephesus from Istanbul, plus combo tours including Cappadocia and Ephesus.
Address: Kocamustafapasa Mah. Kocamustafapasa Cad. No:107, Istanbul
Ephesus from Istanbul offers by Viator
Ephesus from Istanbul offers by GetYourGuide