Last Updated on March 28, 2021
“How to get from New Istanbul Airport (IST) to Besiktas, and vice versa?” is one of the most common questions for those both living in Istanbul and visiting Istanbul. Here, we put together all the transportation alternatives with our insider tips, to help you plan your New Istanbul Airport (IST) to Besiktas trip with ease.
Some Practical Information
* New Istanbul Airport (IST) is situated on the north eastern part of Istanbul, on the Arnavutkoy district, close to the Black Sea coast.
* Distance from the IST to Besiktas is about 42 km.
* It takes about 90 mins to get to Besiktas from IST, and vice versa.
* You can travel between New Istanbul Airport (IST) and Besiktas directly by;
- HAVAIST Airport Shuttle,
- Private Shuttle.
* There is NO direct Municipal Public Bus operating between IST and Besiktas.
Insider Advice for Departures
* For getting to New Istanbul Airport (IST) from Besiktas; we recommend you to arrange your time as to be at the airport at least 1,5 hours for domestic flights and 2,5 hours for international flights.
* You’ll possibly wait in the queue on the main entrance, airline’s counter, check-in process, passenger lounge entrance, flight ticket and passport control.
* Since the airport is very huge one, you’ll need to walk from one point to another inside the airport, about at least 15 minutes.
* For International flights; if the check-in process is not completed at the latest 60 minutes before the scheduled departure time, than the passenger loses all rights on the ticket and the flight.
* Therefore, we highly recommend you to go to the airport early.
* Regarding the minimum transfer time from Besiktas to New Istanbul Airport, of average 90 minutes plus 30 minutes possible traffic, etc, you should take your transfer to New Istanbul Airport from city center, at least 3 to 4 hours before your flight.
IST to Besiktas Transport Options
HAVAIST Airport Shuttle/Bus
* HAVAIST Airport Shuttle Number, operating in between New Istanbul Airport and Besiktas is HVIST-14.
* You can also take HVIST-14 Bus for getting to Taksim, Levent, Etiler, Zincirlikuyu neighborhoods.
* Average duration is 90 mins.
* HAVAIST Buses take maximum 46 passengers at once.
Where is the HVIST-14 Stop in Besiktas?
It will drop you off at the Besiktas Ferry Port. On the Besiktas coast. (see location map)
HVIST-14 (Taksim – Besiktas – New Istanbul Airport)
Stops: Taksim – Besiktas Port – Zincirlikuyu Metrobus – 4.Levent – New Istanbul Airport
New Istanbul Airport – Besiktas Departure Times
06:00, 06:45, 07:20, 08:00, 08:50, 09:30, 10:10, 10:45, 11:25, 12:00, 12:40, 13:15, 13:55, 14:30, 15:10, 15:45, 16:15, 16:50, 17:25, 18:00, 18:35, 19:10, 19:45, 20:20, 20:55, 21:30, 22:15, 23:00, 00:00, 01:00
Besiktas – New Istanbul Airport Departure Times
04:00, 04:45, 05:30, 06:10, 06:50, 07:30, 08:10, 08:45, 09:25, 10:00, 10:40, 11:15, 11:55, 12:30, 13:10, 13:45, 14:15, 14:50, 15:25, 16:00, 16:35, 17:10, 17:45, 18:20, 18:55, 19:30, 20:15, 21:00, 22:00, 23:00
Notice: Please double check the HAVAIST routes, timetables, trip fares and payment options from HAVAIST’s official website on hava.ist as all changes frequently due to this pandemic year’s situation.
HAVAIST Ticket Price
* HAVAIST average one way ticket price between Besiktas-New Istanbul Airport is 30 TL.
* You can’t buy tickets in advance. You need to pay it just after you enter the bus.
How to Pay?
* You can pay by credit or debit card inside the vehicle. You can also take HAVAIST bus via QR Code by online through Havaist Mobile Application or website. No cash accepted.
Get QR Code via Credit Card
* If you want to pay by Credit Card, than you’ll need to download and install HAVAIST Mobile Application to your mobile phone, or from HAVAIST website (https://hava.ist/en), deposit credit via your credit card.
* And than you enter the bus by scanning the QR code that you’ll receive to your mobile phone, to the device on the bus.
Get QR Code via Istanbul Welcome Card Service
* This is the best and fastest option. With Istanbul Welcome Card’s HAVAIST QR Code service, you’ll immediately get the QR Code to your mobile phone, to enter the HAVAIST. Just scan it to the device and get on the bus.
* The service includes Unlimited Luggage, Free WiFi and USB charger on bus, One way transfer Istanbul Airport to City or City to Airport, 10% Discount at the Istanbul Welcome Card shop, Istanbul E-Booklet
Price: €5 per person
* You get from New Istanbul Airport (IST) to Besiktas by the local taxis.
* The taxi-meter switch on price is 5,55 TL and 3,45 TL per kilometer. There is no day and night difference.
* Average taxi fare from New Istanbul Airport to Besiktas will be around 165 TL.
* Read more on our Istanbul Taxi Guide page for Istanbul taxis.
Private & Shared Shuttles
* If you are a group or a family with kids or having lots of luggage with you, than we highly recommend private shuttle transfers for your hotel in Besiktas as they offer a fixed rate, comfortable and safe transfer that include meet-and-greet airport pickups and luggage assistance to your hotel in Besiktas from New Istanbul Airport (IST) or from your hotel to the airport.
* When you take HAVAIST airport shuttle, it will drop you off at the Besiktas Ferry Port, and you’ll need to walk or take a taxi from there again which will be difficult for you with your kids and luggage. But private transfers drives you just to the entrance of your hotel.
* As for private shuttle transfers between New Istanbul Airport and Besiktas, we highly recommend Tranigo (a Turkish company operating since 1996, and partnered with renowned names like Hertz, Thrifty, Budget, and many reliable and efficient local suppliers) as we recently booked with them had a great trip to our hotel.
It offers low-priced, fixed rate private shuttles that include meet-and-greet airport pickups and luggage assistance.
* Their large selection of comfortable taxis, minivans, luxurious cars and 6-19+ passenger minibuses can match any need while ensuring quick and safe travels. Faster and more comfortable than shuttles, buses and taxis. Free cancellation. All prices include fees & tip.