Last Updated on
“How to get from New Istanbul Airport (IST) to Sabiha Gokcen Airport (SAW), and vice versa?” is a common question for the transit or layover passengers in Istanbul. This is a very uncomfortable and painful thing for travelers as the distance between these airports is too much and you’ll need pass through the busiest city center, and the two continents.
Here, we put together all the necessary alternatives with our local expert advice, to help you plan your New Istanbul Airport (IST) to Sabiha Gokcen Airport (SAW) or vice versa trip with ease.
Some Practical Information
* New Istanbul Airport (IST) is situated on the north eastern part of Istanbul, on the Arnavutkoy district, European side.
* Sabiha Gokcen Airport (SAW) is situated on the east of Istanbul, in the Pendik district, on the Asian side.
* Distance between New Istanbul Airport and Sabiha Gokcen Airport is 97 km.
* You’ll need to pass from Europe to Asia and vie versa to travel between both airports.
* It takes about 100 minutes, but it can vary according to the traffic density.
* You can travel between IST and SAW directly by;
- HAVAIST Airport Shuttle,
- Private Shuttle.
IST to SAW Transport Options
HAVAIST New Istanbul Airport Shuttle/Bus
* HAVAIST Airport Shuttle Number, operating in between New Istanbul Airport and Sabiha Gokcen Airport is IST-8.
- from ITS to SAW; runs in every 1 hour between 04:45 am. and 01:45 am.,
- from SAW to IST; runs in every 1 hour between 04:45 am. and 23:45 am., 01:45 am. and 03:45 am.
* Average duration is 100 minutes, but it can vary according to the traffic density.
* HAVAIST Buses take maximum 46 passengers at once.
IST-8 (Pendik – Sabiha Gokcen Airport – New Istanbul Airport)
Stops: Pendik Sea-bus Port – Pendik High Speed Train Station – Tavsantepe Metro – Sabiha Gokcen Airport – New Istanbul Airport
Pendik – New Istanbul Airport Departure Times
04:45, 05:45, 06:45, 07:45, 08:45, 09:45, 10:45, 11:45, 12:45, 13:45, 14:45, 15:45, 16:45, 17:45, 18:45, 19:45, 20:45, 21:45, 22:45, 23:45, 01:45, 03:45
New Istanbul Airport – Sabiha Gokcen Airport Departure Times
04:45, 05:45, 06:45, 07:45, 08:45, 09:45, 10:45, 11:45, 12:45, 13:45, 14:45, 15:45, 16:45, 17:45, 18:45, 19:45, 20:45, 21:45, 22:45, 23:45, 00:45, 01:45
Notice: Please double check the HAVAIST routes, timetables and trip fares from HAVAIST’s official website hava.ist
* HAVAIST average one way ticket price between New Istanbul Airport-Sabiha Gokcen Airport is 30 TL.
* You can’t buy tickets in advance. You need to pay it just after you enter the bus.
How to Pay?
* You’ll need ISTANBULKART (Istanbul’s Public Transport Card). No cash accepted.
* You can obtain ISTANBULKART and load credit from the Kiosks at the New Istanbul Airport upon your arrival.
* If you already have ISTANBULKART with you, you can download and install ISTANBULKART Mobile Application to your mobile phone, and load credit by your credit card. Read more about how to obtain and load credit to it on our ISTANBULKART page.
* If you have enough layover time in Istanbul; than you can take the HAVAIST Airport Shuttle No: IST-19 to Taksim (80 minutes), have some rest in a cafe or restaurant, or stroll around, and than take the HAVABUS Shuttle Taksim Line to Sabiha Gokcen Airport (90 minutes).
* You get from New Istanbul Airport (IST) to Sabiha Gokcen Airport (SAW) by the local taxis.
* The taxi-meter switch on price is 5 TL and 3,10 TL per kilometer. There is no day and night difference.
* Average taxi fare from IST to SAW will be around 300 TL.
* Read more on our Istanbul Taxi Guide (2020 Fares, Tips) page for Istanbul taxis.
* If you are a group or a family with kids, having lots of luggage with you, or have very limited time and need a fast transfer, than we highly recommend private shuttle transfer, as they offer a fixed rate, comfortable and safe transfer that include meet-and-greet airport pickups and luggage assistance from New Istanbul Airport (IST) to Sabiha Gokcen Airport (SAW) or vice versa.
* As for private shuttle transfers between IST and SAW, we highly recommend Kiwi Taxi as we recently booked with them had a great trip to our hotel. It offers low-priced, fixed rate private shuttles that include meet-and-greet airport pickups and luggage assistance.
* Their large selection of comfortable taxis, minivans, luxurious cars and 6-19+ passenger minibuses can match any need while ensuring quick and safe travels. Faster and more comfortable than shuttles, buses and taxis. Free cancellation up to 5 hrs before pickup. All prices include fees & tip.
Check Out & Book Your Private Shuttle between IST and SAW
We'd be so glad by giving us a like below and join our Facebook page, where you can also ask any questions, share your Istanbul experiences, pictures, yell out complaints, and chat with thousands of Istanbul travelers.