Last Updated on January 1, 2022
“How to get from New Istanbul Airport (IST) to Sabiha Gokcen Airport (SAW), and vice versa?” is a common question for the transit or layover passengers in Istanbul. This is a very uncomfortable and painful thing for travelers as the distance between these airports is too much and you’ll need pass through the busiest city center, and the two continents.
Here, we put together all the necessary alternatives with our local expert advice, to help you plan your IST to SAW or vice versa trip with ease.
Some Practical Information
* New Istanbul Airport (IST) is situated on the north eastern part of Istanbul, on the Arnavutkoy district, European side.
* Sabiha Gokcen Airport (SAW) is situated on the east of Istanbul, in the Pendik district, on the Asian side.
* Distance between New Istanbul Airport and Sabiha Gokcen Airport is 109 km.
* You’ll need to pass from Europe to Asia and vie versa to travel between both airports.
* It takes about 110 minutes, but it can vary according to the traffic density.
* You can travel between IST and SAW directly by;
- HAVAIST Airport Shuttle,
- Private Shuttle.
IST to SAW Transport Options
HAVAIST New Istanbul Airport Shuttle/Bus
* HAVAIST Airport Shuttle Number, operating in between New Istanbul Airport and Sabiha Gokcen Airport is HVIST-13.
* Average duration is 110 minutes, but it can vary according to the traffic density.
* HAVAIST Buses take maximum 46 passengers at once.
HVIST-13 (Sabiha Gokcen Airport – New Istanbul Airport)
Stops: Sabiha Gokcen Airport – New Istanbul Airport
Duration: 110 minutes
Distance: 109 km.
1-Way Price: 43 TL
Notice: Please double check the HAVAIST routes, timetables, trip fares and payment options from HAVAIST’s official website on hava.ist as all changes frequently due to this pandemic year’s situation.
* HAVAIST average one way ticket price between New Istanbul Airport-Sabiha Gokcen Airport is 43 TL
* You can’t buy tickets in advance. You need to pay it just after you enter the bus.
How to Pay?
* You can pay by credit or debit card inside the vehicle. You can also take HAVAIST bus via QR Code by online through Havaist Mobile Application or website. No cash accepted.
Get QR Code via Credit Card
* If you want to pay by Credit Card, than you’ll need to download and install HAVAIST Mobile Application to your mobile phone, or from HAVAIST website (https://hava.ist/en), deposit credit via your credit card.
* And than you enter the bus by scanning the QR code that you’ll receive to your mobile phone, to the device on the bus.
* If you have enough layover time in Istanbul; than you can take the HAVAIST Airport Shuttle No: HVIST-16 to Taksim (90 minutes), have some rest in a cafe or restaurant, or stroll around, and than take the HAVABUS Shuttle Taksim Line to Sabiha Gokcen Airport (90 minutes).
* You get from IST to SAW by the local taxis.
* Average taxi fare from IST to SAW will be around 350 TL.
* Read more on our Istanbul Taxi Guide (Fares, Tips) page for Istanbul taxis.
Private & Shared Shuttles
* If you are a group or a family with kids, having lots of luggage with you, or have very limited time and need a fast transfer, than we highly recommend private shuttle transfer, as they offer a fixed rate, comfortable and safe transfer that include meet-and-greet airport pickups and luggage assistance from New Istanbul Airport (IST) to Sabiha Gokcen Airport (SAW) or vice versa.
* As for private shuttle transfers between IST and SAW, we highly recommend Tranigo (a Turkish company operating since 1996, and partnered with renowned names like Hertz, Thrifty, Budget, and many reliable and efficient local suppliers) as we recently booked with them had a great trip to our hotel.
It offers low-priced, fixed rate private shuttles that include meet-and-greet airport pickups and luggage assistance.
* Their large selection of comfortable taxis, minivans, luxurious cars and 6-19+ passenger minibuses can match any need while ensuring quick and safe travels. Faster and more comfortable than shuttles, buses and taxis. Free cancellation. All prices include fees & tip.