Medical and health tourism is growing very fast across global markets in the recent years. Turkey also invests millions of dollars to support the increase in this demand with long-term strategies and so Istanbul is already working hard to take place on top for the race. For the ones who are interested in taking care of their medical issues across the border, here you can find our guide to what you can find in Istanbul for medical and health tourism.
Over 20 million people travel worldwide for medical treatments and operations. US, South Korea, Turkey, Thailand, Germany, India, UK, Malaysia, Mexico and Iran are the top 10 countries that are mostly visited by medical tourists for their accredited hospitals, quality of service and affordable healthcare.
Majority of the medical tourists prefer to travel for medical and health tourism for
- Cosmetic & Aesthetic surgery such as rhinoplasty, breast augmentation, liposuction, face-nose-chin-body-hip aesthetics, dermatology and gynecology
- Hair Transplant operations
- Dermatological treatments such as acne, dermatitis, eczema, fungal infection, rosacea, skin cancer, herpes or warts
- Dentistry such as dental implants, whitening, dental treatments and care
- Cardiology & heart surgery such as bypass and valve replacement
- Laser eye operations
- Orthopedic surgeries
- Oncologic treatments
- Check-ups, scans, diagnostics, and many other treatments
Turkey is listed in the top 10 countries that takes the big number of medical tourists for its accredited hospitals with the latest technology, quality, affordable healthcare, thermal springs, natural hot spring water resources, and world renowned hospitality in the past few years. Over 2,000,000 medical tourists visit Turkey from all over the world for health tourism.
And Istanbul comes first when it’s about the medical and health tourism in Turkey, especially for those coming from Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
What is Health Tourism?
Health tourism offer a range of treatments including;
- Medical tourism offering treatment and surgery in the hospitals,
- Thermal tourism offering rehabilitation in thermal facilities,
- Elderly and disabled tourism offering long-term stays and combined with social activities in geriatric treatment centers.
Majority of the medical tourists visit Istanbul and Turkey for dental treatment, plastic surgery, cosmetic operations, optical care, laser eye surgery, liposuction, nose surgery, hair transplant, aesthetic surgery, bariatric surgery, organ transplant, several neurological, oncological, and orthopedic treatments. Several come for rehabilitation in the many popular thermal facilities.
Among all, hair transplant Turkey, dental treatments, rhinoplasty, plastic surgery and aesthetics and bariatric surgery has recently become one of the top choices in the world. The quality of service with very reasonable prices, the world-class clinics having the latest technology, and affordable healthcare are the main reasons.
The prices of medical treatments and surgeries in Istanbul and Turkey are very low when compared to other top destinations in the world.
Besides low prices, the all inclusive quality services along over 300 modern and high quality hospitals with very good doctors and staff also make Turkey a popular medical and health tourism center in the world.
A Global Destination on Health Tourism
Istanbul is a leading global destination and medical tourism center in Europe and Asia for its world class hospitals with high class and technology, excellent service with very reasonable prices, as well as quality hotels, accommodation, easy transportation and tourism opportunities. Thanks to its excellent location between Europe and Asia.
In addition, medical tourists and patients can save up to at least 50% when compared top other destinations in the world.
Istanbul is also a great destination combining medical and health tourism with its wellness and SPA in its many 5-star hotels and centers.
Quality of Service
The majority of the health institutions in Istanbul and Turkey offer high quality of service for sure.
They are all approved by the international organizations including JCI (Joint Commissions International), JCAOH (Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations) and ISO (International Organization for Standardization).
Personalized Services You Can Take
You can take all the necessary concierge services for your medical trip to Istanbul, Turkey from the clinics or hospitals for sure. Below are a summary of what you’ll get.
- Your coordination of the doctor, clinic, hospital and diagnostic appointments
- A to Z VIP and concierge services
- Translation services
- 24-hour emergency services
- Travel arrangements such as visas, airport to hotel pick-up and drop off, etc.
- A comprehensive discussion with costs to your desired outcome
- Your accommodation plan that best suits your needs
Tips – Know Before You Travel
Here are some of the useful tips you should know before you make your medical trip to Istanbul, Turkey. Knowing these will save you from possible difficulties and make an easy and comfortable travel.
- Ask your local healthcare expert to make sure that your health condition is available for traveling to another country.
- Make sure you have all your health records, reports, medicines you take, and keep them in a safe and easy to access place.
- Check your passport, travel insurance and if you need a visa, than arrange it.
- Double check your flight information and make sure your correct ID is written on the airline ticket.
- Obtain Turkish Lira in cash. You can obtain it from your home town or at the Turkish airports upon your arrival.
- Check the details of your arrival pick-up airport service
- Check the details of your accommodation service
- Check the details of the person that you’ll contact at the clinic or hospitals
Medical & Health Tourism in Turkey, Istanbul FAQs
What is medical or health tourism?
Medical tourism is the type of tourism that the patients travel abroad from their country of residence for the purpose of having and medical or health care or treatment.
Which is the best country for medical tourism?
US, South Korea, Turkey, Thailand, Germany, India, UK, Malaysia, Mexico and Iran are listed in the the top 10 countries for health and medical tourism in the world. Turkey is the 3rd the most visited country with the medical tourists.
Why medical tourists chose Istanbul and Turkey the most?
The top reasons that why people come visit Istanbul or Turkey for medical and health tourism include;
* Turkey is recently have listed on top 3 countries in the world for the medical tourism procedures.
* Accredited and very well-equipped Clinics and Hospitals with the latest technology, quality, and world-class surgeons and doctors.
* Affordable healthcare and high quality health services.
* Very competitive prices, about 70% cheaper when compared to the rest of Europe, UK or US.
* Turkey's reputation of its hospitality and culture.
* The geographical location.
* Istanbul's being one of the most beautiful cities in the world offering great tourist attractions.
Colonoscopy exam and clean up needed. find Hospital and Doctor appointment I will be in Istanbul 24-30 December to get this procedure.