Are you looking for a DHI hair transplant clinic in Istanbul and Turkey at affordable prices along with the best clinics & hospitals with the latest technology, surgeons, medical team, quality of service and affordable healthcare? Here you will find our pick of the best clinics and surgeons for DHI hair transplant in Istanbul and Turkey, including costs, things to consider, things to avoid, and insider advice.
What is DHI Hair Transplant & What to Expect?
While there were two very common techniques of hair transplantation (FUT & FUE) in the previous years to provide hair loss and regrow lost hair, new techniques are developed. DHI is this new technique and has recently become very popular and top choice since 2016.
DHI is the abbreviation of Direct Hair Implantation. DHI hair transplant is a different way of FUE where the main difference is the technique of how hair is implanted. In the FUE, incisions made on the whole scalp and follicle units are placed on these incisions. And with the DHI, there is no need any incisions, as a patented tool is used during each implantation on the scalp. And also with this method, robotic hair transplant system can also be applied.
How DHI it is applied?
Grafts are taken with a surgical pen, with the thickness of which varies between 0.6 mm and 1 mm, is transferred to the scalp without opening any channels after being separated and cleaned. This technique, which requires more attention, precision and effort than other methods, offers many advantages to hair transplant patients that cannot be ignored.
Main differences between DHI and FUE Hair Transplant
DHI Hair Transplant technique is the latest one. In fact, it is the continuation of FUE hair transplant technique. While channels are opened in the FUE, there is no need to open channels in the DHI technique.
In FUE hair transplantation, small incisions are made on the skin. These are formed as slits and then hair follicles are transplanted into it. Since the hair follicles may be broken during the transplantation, the experience and skill of the surgeon is very important in this procedure.
In DHI hair transplantation, the hair follicles are placed at the tip of the pen called implanter pen and directly transplanted into the skin. The pen tip enters the skin, leaves the hair root and the pen tip comes out. And this ensures less scarring as the slit-shaped incisions made in the FUE do not exist in this technique.
Another difference is that there may be more bleeding in the FUE, when compared to the DHI method. In the DHI method, you’ll have less blood, crusting, bruising and edema since the implantation is performed directly with a pen without opening the channel.
You’ll face only scabs up to the size of a pinhead appear and fall out until the 10th day after your hair transplantation surgery. On the other hand, this period may take a bit longer in the FUE method as the crusting will be more.
In DHI hair transplantation, the process of returning to work and social life is a little bit quicker than the FUE technique. The FUE method can be ideal because it covers larger areas, when compared to DHI technique. But DHI method provides a good rate of achieving higher density.
Advantages of DHI Hair Transplantation
- Thanks to the fine-tipped structure of the hair transplant pen that DHI hair transplantation can be performed more frequently and faster.
- With DHI hair transplant pen, the direction of hair growth can be determined as desired. Thus, it is much more possible to give the hair a more natural look.
- Since it is not necessary to open a channel in the area to be transplanted, the existing healthy hair follicles are not damaged in any way during the transplant.
- The risk of bleeding is minimized as much as possible by not making holes, not incisions and stitches in the area where hair transplantation will be performed. Thus, the healing process is much shorter.
- The adherence rate of the transplanted hair follicles is much higher.
- The newly transplanted hair follicles begin to grow faster. The reason for this is that cell division continues from where it left off, as hair follicles are transplanted without waiting.
- Since no stitches or scalpels are used, there is no visible scar after the healing is completed.
- The donor area, where the hair removal process is performed, is damaged very little. Therefore, recovery is faster in this region.
- A very natural look can be obtained by planning the hairline and density on the forehead as it should be.
- In DHI hair transplantation technique, local anesthesia is applied to eliminate the feeling of pain.
- The patient can return daily without a break after the surgery.
DHI Hair Transplant in Istanbul and Turkey
Turkey has recently become one of the top choices in the world for hair transplant surgeries. The quality of service with very reasonable prices, the world-class clinics having the latest technology, and affordable healthcare are the main reasons.
Majority of the best hair transplant clinics in Turkey do the DHI hair transplant surgeries with one of the best success rate and quality of service, when compared the other popular destinations in the world.
How much does DHI Hair Transplant cost in Istanbul Turkey?
Cost of DHI hair transplant in Istanbul and Turkey varies with the quality and fame of the clinic or hospital, surgeon, and additional services such as accommodation, etc. We can say that average cost of DHI hair transplant surgery in Istanbul is between €1,800 – 2,300.
We can also say that majority of the packages offered with the clinics include accommodation, airport-hotel-clinic transfers.
You should also keep in mind that you can take this operation with the same quality of service around like 4 or 5 time more expensive in the US, UK or in the most European countries.
How about DHI Hair Transplant In Istanbul Turkey?
If you’ve been thinking about DHI hair transplant to get you hair back, you’ve probably shocked with the costs in the EU, UK or US.
However, when you compare the costs and quality of service in the clinics in Istanbul and Turkey, you’ll definitely agree that it will be by far the most economical and practical way.
What the Clinics Offer?
Majority of the hair transplant clinics offer a very well planned trip with guide and consultant, including;
- Your detailed treatment plan in Istanbul with all the logistics,
- A comprehensive discussion with costs to your desired outcome,
- Your accommodation plan that best suits your needs,
- Pick-up from the airport to your hotel and the clinic, and vice-versa,
- Your lifetime follow-up and aftercare service
Best DHI Hair Transplant Clinics & Surgeons in Istanbul, Turkey
We are Istanbul insiders that were born and lived in the city for more than 40 years, and here we only suggest the proven and top rated ones with the patients’ comments. If you are planning a trip to Istanbul, already in the city or living as expat, and want to have a very well organized DHI hair transplant, we would recommend our picks. Check them below.